_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
British SAS
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:30 PM UTC
Saw some of your dios on Navy Seals and SAS...Tot of sharing my very own..It's a small vignette of the Dragon's British SAS...Points to note about this vignette is that I painstakingly cut out small round clear plastics to act as the glasses for the gas mask. Quite tedious to do but quite satisfied with the end product. Also there are shattered glass on the floor (not sure if can be seen).

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 01:14 PM UTC
Impressive vignette Mr Psyfool.. Great idea of puting the glasses in the mask. It adds to the realisim.
Yup.. I can see the glass on the ground. Would you mind sharing with us, what you used for the checkered box groundwork? Oh.. and the strap on the shotgun too..
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Impressive vignette Mr Psyfool.. Great idea of puting the glasses in the mask. It adds to the realisim.
Yup.. I can see the glass on the ground. Would you mind sharing with us, what you used for the checkered box groundwork? Oh.. and the strap on the shotgun too..

Thanx Ike..The gas mask w/o the glasses looks a bit weird so that's what inspired me to make the glasses...The black & white tiles is made of that thingy again, the styrofoam like cardboard u can find in stationary stores. I drew the lines for the tiles and used a soldering iron to scribe the lines to make grooves. It does not cut the cardboard but sort of like melt it. Then i paint black & white. This was an experiment that turn out surprisingly good! As for the straps, I used to use aluminium foil but recently, I use masking tape. Adding straps, though just a minor detail, really add to the realism. I make it a point to make gun straps for all my guns
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 03:14 PM UTC
Did you try white glue for the lenses? Cos i see a malaysian making a quiet professional dio with a boat.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 04:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you try white glue for the lenses? Cos i see a malaysian making a quiet professional dio with a boat.

White glue? Won't that make the lenses white instead of clear? I think I saw the dio ur talking about...I think it's the same British SAS set raiding a boat carrying drugs or something rite?....Probably carrying pirated VCDs... :-)
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 04:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

White glue? Won't that make the lenses white instead of clear? I think I saw the dio ur talking about...I think it's the same British SAS set raiding a boat carrying drugs or something rite?....Probably carrying pirated VCDs... :-)

It was a raid by the SBS and it was UK biggest DRUG bust
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 06:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

SBS? Not the bus company of course...but what does it stand for?
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 08:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

SBS? Not the bus company of course...but what does it stand for?

SPECIAL BOAT SERVICE
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

after sometime, the white glue will dry up and eventually turn transparent with a lil whitish kind of film on it...i've tried it b4....
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Haha... SBS.. at first I thought you mis-spelt it. :-)
All these acronyms... could mean so many things in this World
 _GOTOTOP