_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hey everyone :)
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hi, I'm Jon Hayward, new to the site and new to 1:35 scale, but a past veteran of Games Workshop modelling and terrain making.

I'm interested in WW2 throughout, but more the western front and the Allied campaigns as opposed to the Russian front. I am particularly fond of Axis imagery and architecture, I find the whole Nazi reign in Europe to be darkly fascinating....they came so close to commanding the whole of Europe !!

I decided to get back into modelling after my girlfriend had a look through some of my old terrain for GW's Warhammer and Mordheim games. I used to run www.worldmakers.co.uk when it was in operation and have had articles published on terrain making by GW. Though, in comparison, their idea of good terrain is NOTHING to the quality I see on here!

So far this place has filled me with inspiration and I hope to put a lot back in step-by-step pics and what tutorials I can muster when I've got back into the swing of things !!

In the meantime, here's me and my lovely girlfriend Kirsty posing for the camera for your delight

it's good to be a part of such a fanastic board !
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 01:12 AM UTC
Hey Jon -

Welcome to Armorama from across the "big water". You'll find this to be the perfect place to learn, gain experience, and share in this great hobby. There's an incredible amount of knowledge available and everyone is anxious to help and support. I'm primarily a WWII AFVs fan, but still enjoy the Warhammer experience with my sons. Great to have you here and anxious to see some of your work. Enjoy!

Blade48mrd
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 01:25 AM UTC
Hi Jon,

Welcome to the big A hope to see some of your work soon... especially that 12" square dio!

Rudi
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hey Mike and Rudi, thanks for the greets

Quoted Text

enjoy the Warhammer experience with my sons. Great to have you here and anxious to see some of your work. Enjoy!

I'll have to take some pics of my work, it's mostly pretty poor compared to the stuff on here, but when you think that it's gotta be played on not just shown off, it did the job. my most ambitious piece was a Mordheim blacksmith's shop with removable workshop roof revealing a plasticard chimney and a great forge by a company called Ainsty Casting.

It was the last model I made before packing the stuff away

Rudi - the 12" square dio is months away yet, I've got more than just a learning curve to tackle - more like a vertical cliff of learning

you're right about this place being an oracle though, I've learned loads in just a few weeks of browsing, I'm just itching to get cracking
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Jon,

The greatest thing about this place is that it raises your level of modeling in a good way... always challenging you to do better without making you feel inadequate...

Rudi
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hi Jon

Welcome to Armorama.

You're gonna love it here.

Looking forward to see some of your work.

AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 02:27 AM UTC
Welcome to the world's best modelling site!
Great people and great work over here!
entire network: 4,303 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 03:14 AM UTC
Hi Jon... and Kirsty !!
Welcome on Armorama! You will like it here very much, I'm sure!

Paul
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:02 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama from across the Pond Jon. You'll find we're the friendliest, and most helpful modeling site on the web.

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC
Jon, welcome aboard. Lots of knowledge can be tapped into on this site. Sit back and enjoy the ride. "Q"
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:32 AM UTC
Bonjour Jon!

Bienvenue à Armorama! Méfie toi du coté obscure de la force!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP