_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Preparing for Telford.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 06:10 AM UTC
Although IPMSArmoramaUK isn't official, it will be soon. The web site is in hand and is just waiting on everything being official. The actual running of the "web based" branch will be up to the members and until it's up and running nowt can happen there, although some plans are afoot. What is required though is a commitment to the IPMSArmoramaUK stand at the Show at Telford. I am going to ask for 3 tables, we will probably only get 2, but as this is the Country Branch as well I think we need 3. What I am after is a rock solid commitment to bring models to the show. I could take enough to fill one table but we want to have as many different models as possible. By different I mean from all genre and all scales. I intend that the tables be laid out to reflect the forums page on the main site, so each catagory needs to be filled.
I'm quite happy to set the stand up myself, but if any of you can commit to Friday evening and/or Staurday morning it would be appreciated. There are strict rules about who can enter to set up on Friday and before the show starts on Saturday morning. I must therefor have names so I can get passes.
If you have any ideas for the stand please let me know, if you work somewhere that can supply stuff for the stand (for free, cos I aint got no money) like cloth for covering, or exibition stuff and the like, then I won't say no.
Mal
Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 837 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 06:25 AM UTC
Mal,

Hopefully I may be there, and once I have moved I will be getting in my IPMS membership. Then i'll be able to upply some figures for the table.

Ross
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 06:46 AM UTC
I think I would be stuck for somewhere to stay on Friday evening Mal, but you can put me down for Saturday morning, you just give me a time you want me to be there? I can bring along some armour for the table also. There is a sort of cut price 'emporium' in Liverpool that sells rolls of cloth on the cheap so let me know if you want me to go take a look? Colour etc?

Vinnie
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 06:53 AM UTC

Hi Mal ..................As I will be there with my own club(s) , ....will put some bits extra in for the table---any preferences...............all my stuff is recovery// engineer armour related.......definately ..Alacran
aye
BARV
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:21 AM UTC
Mal

i will hopefully be there friday with IPMS stafford but i will certainly be there from early Saturday alday and the same on sunday.

I can supply you with any of my diorama pieces including the large that was featured on the site a few months back

let me know if i can do anything else to help

cheers

keith forsyth
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:26 AM UTC
Hi Mal,

what are the dates this year?

ill have to confirm if i can make it, if so then ill be able to bring some stuff down for the stand

regards

joe
Henk
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
If the dates are o.k., and if I can join up in the near future (money is at a bit of a premium at the moment.. I argued with my bank manager, but he does not concur that IPMS Armorama takes precedent over my mortage.. the @@@.) I would like to help out. I'll be able to bring various bits, from ship to tank, via figures and trucks, by then.

Cheers
Henk
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
Ross
You don't have to be a member of IPMS to have models on the table, you are a member of Armorama, that's what counts. The only problem is that you wont be able to get in early, but someone can meet you and collect them, if you are agreeable (I don't think I would let anyone take my gear), then we would see you at the stand when you get in. Anyway if you want to have something on the stand we can accomadate you
Vinnie
At the moment I'm planning on staying at my Brothers, in Birmingham (Solihull) he will put you up (rough) if you like (seriously, although I ain't asked him yet ) and it fits in with your plans. Anyway assuming Saturday, I'll let you know what time. I'm awaiting information and I need to book passes. Armour for the table would be great. Reference cloth, I'm waiting to see what size table we can have, I've asked for the biggest but new branches are, usually, only allowed 6'. I have said that I intend to do demonstrations so my corner is being fought far as much as poss'
Steve
Yes please, your stuff is wonderful and as an ex military Engineer it would be a privilage to have it on the stand. Stuff in progress as well You choose, but the bigger and more complicated looking the better. My brother Was in the Armoured Engineers, early days he commanded a CET and later became an instructor. In Gulf war 1 he commanded an AVLB, with mine ploughs and towed a giant viper.
Keith
Definately need some dios, thanks. How large was the one featured? It will depend on how many tables we get.
Joe
Dates are 19th and 20th November. OK Joe just let me know as soon as you can.
Henk
Don't worry about joining the IPMS, just get your arse there if monies tight I'll buy you lunch (seriously).
I understand about lack of funds and the mortgage does come first. It will be great to see you there, I know you have a way to travel, so if you need overnight accomodation (rough) let me know and I'll talk to my bro' (seriously)

Thanks guys, early days yet, but watch this space. As I get info I'll pass it on here on the community site.
Mal
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:39 AM UTC

Mal........"too kind".....how about --BR90---pure RE .....dismantled at the moment.....re -jigging ..should be ready-----"diggy-things" are goingas well-------usually there Friday 1600hrs
aye
BARV
ps---check p-m's
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:12 AM UTC
Hi Steve, BR 90 sounds great got your PM, thanks, reply on way.
I'll see you there on Friday then, I'll be waring my Armorama name tag and putting up the Armorama stand Might be a little later than 1600 hrs, depends if I have Friday off work or not, I'll probably have Monday as well
Mal
BigJon
Visit this Community
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hi - sorry for my ignorance, is there anywhere I can go to get more info on the shows in telford and stafford ??

I am very interested in visiting some model shows, hopefully with trade stands where I can grab some new kits!!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 06:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi - sorry for my ignorance, is there anywhere I can go to get more info on the shows in telford and stafford ??

I am very interested in visiting some model shows, hopefully with trade stands where I can grab some new kits!!

Hi Jon,
There is a link to several IPMS sites, including the main IPMS site, on the the community home page. The main IPMS site will give you info on the Telford show. It is called Scale Modelworld and is the biggest show on the calender. Armorama has just been granted IPMS branch status (IPMS ArmoramaUK) and we will have a stand at the show. keep an eye on this thread, and others to find ouit what is going on. You will be very welcome at the stand so please, if you do come, drop by and introduce yourself. If you have any questions either PM me or ask on this thread
I know nothing about the Stafford show, but if it is run by an IPMS branch you should be able to find out about it through the IPMS link.
Mal
BigJon
Visit this Community
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 07:23 PM UTC
Thanks Mal, that's great news!! I will be there like a shot!!

It's quite a local show which makes a hell of a change, everything seems to be so far away. Last show I went too was the W M M M S show at alumwell, walsall back in 1999,2000 !!!!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC
Looking forward to seeing you, Jon.
I haven't mentioned this yet but I'm planning on making some Armorama name badges. when guys find the stand (It should be easy to spot ) I'll give each one a badge. Not only will it Identify us while we are behind the stand but it will also help in a bit of advertising while we are walking around the show
Mal
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC
hi mal! ill definatly be there this year,(last years telford was my first, and it was utterly briliant) what would be the latest cut off date to commit to bringing some stuff in? i intend to get ipms membership, but have to pay for a holiday at the moment, but i would like to be a member and would aim to be there early saturday morning, failing that i will get there as a punter anyway
cheers, phil (well it is friday!)
Wolfpack
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 78 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Mal

Guess who's gonna be there all weekend? Yup, yours truly. I'll see what I can dig out for the stand, I've got to contribute to a few, West Riding, Pursuit, Luftwaffe and possibly the Hurricane SiG as well.

I'll even try to pursuade Ris to loan you her witch for the weekend.

Hope you've heard from Chris by now, if not, start naggin him.

IAN
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ill definatly be there this year,(last years telford was my first, and it was utterly briliant) what would be the latest cut off date to commit to bringing some stuff in

Great stuff Phil, look forward to seeing you. Couldn't really give you a cut off date, but bring stuff if you can and let me know as soon as you can. I'm hoping for the most diverse range of models possible, to show that Armorama caters for all
Thanks Ian, I'll be there all week end as well and I'm looking forward to it. The witch sounds interesting
Mal
Henk
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 01:23 AM UTC
I think I have got it past SWMBO to go both Saturday and Sunday... result. Just don't mention the beer.. :-) :-)
Mal I've sent you a PM

Cheers
Henk
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 09:04 AM UTC
Good news Henk, PM answered
Mal
wilson
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi Mal,
I will be there all weekend with Farnborough. It sounds like you have plenty of offers for models. I will bring some extra with me in case you have more space than you bargin for. Better too much than not enough.
Looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Sam
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 07:31 AM UTC
Thanks Sam, I appreciate it. make sure you pop over to the stand
Mal
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 08:50 PM UTC
Mal,
I'll be there all weekend staying up there from Thursday night till Monday morning.

I'll see what I can put aside for the stand, as like you I have my branch and Sig stands to display on as well. Should have my Achilles available as well as a Merc CLK-GT and Nissan Skyline GT-R Racing.

See you there

Ciao
Luciano
 _GOTOTOP