_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
New modeling club in Rhode Island?
ant88
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:34 PM UTC
I am interested in staring a non formal club in R.I. and I am looking for anyone interested.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:32 AM UTC
The modelers I know from the RI area belong to the Bay Colony IPMS club. Their meeting place varies. Here is a link to their site: http://www.ipmsbaycolony.com/mambo/index.php
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 01:44 AM UTC
I second ROb's opinion. I know a lot of the guys from Bay Colony. They are an interesting and nice bunch of guys with a lot of talent and diverse interests, running hte full gamut of subjects.
ant88
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 02:30 AM UTC
I do know about the bay colony club but I am trying to get something going more for R.I. and southern R.I. I am not looking to compete just have one more resource. Just meet even at a dunkin donuts and B.S. a little. I wouldn't want to pay any dues or initiation fee and maybe not even have a formal name. Just a way to make new modeling friends. The current state of modeling is a mess. So few people do it and its nice to talk to people in person rather than typing conversations.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 02:40 AM UTC
There is an informal AMPS affiliate in Norwell, Mass. (no dues or elected officials, just modelers hanging around). They are located off of Route 3 and meet the third Saturday of the month. Here is the link to their site: http://nordlandamps.com/mambo/index.php.

All of the meetings were build meetings and we did a couple of field trips. Great time, small group (about 5-10 at any one time).
ant88
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
anyone interested in starting something up please drop me an email on armorama or at my other address [email protected] thanks.
 _GOTOTOP