_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
ArmoramA members going to the NATS?
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 12:54 PM UTC
I was just wondering if any of the regular posters here would be attending the BIG!! IPMS Nats next week? A lot of the other model web sites are planning meet and greets for their members. I would certainly like to put a face to some of the names here at ArmoramA. The builds and posts here are a big part of me getting back into the building and finishing [ yes,finishing] a project. You can bet I'll be there and I WILL pick up the Dragon Late Tiger and at least two of the Panzer IV's. Hope to see some of you guys there.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:09 PM UTC
I will be there as well I am not an IPMS member though The main reason I am going is because of Dragon Xpo Best thing is I don't have to pay to get to Atlanta I drive big rig and my company will pay me to deliver a load in that Area :-) :-) :-) :-)
Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:24 PM UTC
I will definately be there with a friend of mine. I will be there Friday and definately want to see the Dragon Expo as well. That Jpz IV/70 is very much an interest of mine. I really think I may come away a poorer man, monetarily but wiser man from all the great ideas and models. Hope to see some of you there. Look for the guy in the Panzerfest green T-shirt with the big T-34 on the back. Stop and say howdy!

Best Wishes,

Walter
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:37 PM UTC
My plan, work permitting, is to go to the show on Saturday and then hit the Dragon Expo on Sunday.

Patrick
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 01:56 PM UTC
Hey guys, glad to hear that some of the regulars here are going to make it. This show is going to be BIG!! I am really ready to get there. Walter, I'll look for the big T-34 and give you a shout. The Jpz IV/70 is one of my targets also. Johann Huber is going to be at the show, maybe get him to sign the box? What part of KY. you hail from? Chad, we may need to hire your rig to haul of the goodies home. LOL!! Patrick I did not realize that the Xpo ran thru till Sunday. Probably go thru it again before we hit the road home. Hope I can run into some of you there, it is going to be very difficult to take in all the seminars I would like to sit in on and shop all the vendors and check out all the models. I'll be there Wednesday afternoon and stay until Sunday . This is going to be some party!! Later, Don M.
Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hello Don,
I believe that we will be there on Friday, it should be an all day event. They'll probably have to run us out, haha. I live in Northern Kentucky, across the river from Cincinnati Ohio. And no I do root for the Bengals, die hard Packers fan. Just look for the think guy with glasses and a T-34 on his back and a big Russian red star. I might see if Johann Huber would sign my copy of Knights of the Black Cross. Thought that would be something to have. Hope to see you there!!!

Best Wishes,
Walter
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:38 AM UTC
I will be wearing a dark blue hat that says US Xpress Enterprises I have a pic of myself in my profile :-)
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:23 PM UTC
I'll be there too. I'm heading down on Wednesday so my first day will be thursday. And staying til Sunday. Hope to run into some of you guys there.
Does anyone know if the ArmoramA table idea is going to happen?
Craig
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:27 PM UTC
Craig, good to hear from you. I don't know anything about a table, but if I find anyone sporting the ArmoramA logo I'll give them a shout. Hope to see you there. I should arrive Wednesday after lunch and stay untill Sunday. Don M.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 05:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if the ArmoramA table idea is going to happen?

We were invited to use part of T-Factory's table in the Dragon Expo, but I did not get much of a response towards having a table there when I mentioned it a month or so ago.

At this point I would just settle for someone doing a show report with photos for the site.

Cheers,
Jim
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 10:50 PM UTC
Looking forward to meeting you too Don.
Jim, I'm still willing to put in some time at the table if needed. I'll make a point of stopping by.
I put up a post a week ago about a group picture at the show. Maybe it can be set up at the table. Sounds like a good rallying point. I'll bump the post up with this idea.
Craig
PS: I plan on taking a lot of pictures at the show. I'll post them for the site
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 05:35 AM UTC
Craig,
That would be great. I am sure Rhodes won't mind putting up some kind of announcment on the table.

If there is anything you need from me just let me know.

Thanks,
Jim
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 07:03 AM UTC
Another thing you all could do is on one of those sticky paper nametags write Armorama. I did that years ago and that's how I met with Keith Magee. Now he gets a table at the local shows and we have a sign that says Armorama HQ. The DFW area group is starting to know each other. Wish I could be there, I would dearly love to see the Dragon expo !
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
I'm here already.
At least one day, or maybe half of two days, I'll have my Armorama Tee on .... else look for my club -- Eastern Carolina Plastice Modelers -- Tee, or maybe AMPS 2005.

Silver-Grey hair, IPMS name tag, 5'10, glasses, shorts & Birks ...

John
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 01:55 PM UTC
Thanks everybody for posting here. I will do my best to look up everyone that I can find. I've taken down names and details. I plan on taking lots of video and pics, not that there will be much to see. Headed out in the AM, early, should arrive on site around lunch time. REALLY lookoing forward to meeting some of the modelers here. I will give a full report when I get home. Later, Don M.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC
I will be down there on Thursday and Friday. When I get off work here Tuesday night I will travel with SWMBO to her parents, drop her and the kid off, and then head on down to Atlanta! See ya'll there
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 12:30 AM UTC
Well I made to the Atlanta area Marietta to be exact I am a few miles away from the show Will head down there later on I will be wearing a black t-shirt with The Who on it I will be wearing a blue hat that has US Xpress Enterprises on it

Jim I have my laptop and digicam I will be happy to do a report on the show Let me know how I can help
 _GOTOTOP