_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Modelling German stuff...
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 06:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I sounds to me like a majority of modelers pick an area that they like to focus on and then mostly stick with it. I am more of a modeling "slut" compared to the majority. I'll build Soviet, German, Italian, Japanese, British, US, modern, etc. stuff. As long as I like the looks of the vehicle, I'll build it. My absolute favorite stuff is early WWII Soviet, German, Polish, and British stuff, but currently I am building an M4A1 Sherman (76mm variant).

Adam, You know I build exclusive German Armors, but lately I become somewhat a modelling "Slut" myself. I had done my ME 109 E, and I am now starting my Bismark now...But after all...I am still an all German "Slut"....
Viking
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 112 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 01:01 AM UTC
My favourite topic is German armour. When I depict allied armour, they are always wrecks ore captured
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 01:10 AM UTC
about 70 % of what I built is german WW2 stuff.
Tanks, trucks, soldiers and many more.
It just looks good and there is a great variety of it

the other 30 % of what I built is British/American WW2 stuff
DaveMan
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 137 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2002 - 05:19 PM UTC
I build about a quarter to a third German stuff, but I build a lot of models in pairs, one from each side of a conflict. It makes the build more interesting, and allows me to display them together. Sometimes they are planes that would meet in actual combat, such as a B-17, with a Me 163 Komet next to it. Other times, they are planes that wouldn't really duke it out head to head, but do the same job for enemy sides, like the JU-88, and B-25, or the A-10 Warthog, and Su-25 Frogfoot. Others are classic matchups, like Me 109 and Spitfire, or Corsair and Zero. I like building this way, because it puts each machine in a bit more perspective. It shows how each played a role in the war. It also means that for every German plane I build, I also build an allied plane, so that I don't have to defend accusations of political incorrectness. I have a balanced display shelf! I do break this rule for civilian subjects though. I have several German Airliners in my collection. (Ju-52, Ju-88, FW-200, He-70, F-13, G-24 etc...) Their airliners were as creative as their warplanes were. (And often interchangeable, as the FW-200, and JU-88 were developed as bombers, disguised as airliners, and the He-70 had military used too, along with the Ju-160)
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 06:46 AM UTC
hi. I like to model w.w.II german armour, its not political its just the Elan of the things the half tracks look like something out of star wars these things were designed,then theres the heavies, total brute force,I like to do a diorama with say a tiger and allied troops trying to out flank it . But I must admit i would like to see more allied armour to get a balance,also more British and Russian figures
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 07:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I sounds to me like a majority of modelers pick an area that they like to focus on and then mostly stick with it. I am more of a modeling "slut" compared to the majority. I'll build Soviet, German, Italian, Japanese, British, US, modern, etc. stuff. As long as I like the looks of the vehicle, I'll build it. My absolute favorite stuff is early WWII Soviet, German, Polish, and British stuff, but currently I am building an M4A1 Sherman (76mm variant).

I like this thread, and like what Adam had to say the most so far...

Though I don't think so, I'm probably a "niche" modeler. It is my modeling mission to build US AFV models and get German AFV modelers to look at them for more than two seconds!

When that happens consistently - I've got a Panther and Tiger I sitting on the shelf ready to go!

Viva the US AFV - bet 'ya didn't know that God wears Olive Drab and eats Gumbo - did 'ya!?!

Gunnie :-)
 _GOTOTOP