_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Best single pieces of modern Stowage
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 01:17 PM UTC
I have bought a few different after market resin stowage kits. In each one I find that there are some pieces that are incredibly great and some that I arn't done quite as well. My question to all of my pals here is this.

Out of all the differet aftermarket stowage kits you have bought, which single pieces in those kits stand out to you as the best as far as quality and accuracy?

My reason for asking is this. I am going to get some resin casting material for Christmas. I now it isn't legal to copy others and sale it but I have heard you can do so for your personal use. I would like to find out what the best ruck sacks, ammo boxes, etc are so I can get them and copy them. My armor focus is mainly U.S. modern but I also build some U.S. WWII. But for this discussion it may be best to list all your favorite pieces so it serves everyone. Also, if there are things like aftermarket tires, guns, or anything like that go ahead that throw them in if you want.

Personaly I really like the ruck sacks from Legend productions in the M1 abrams kit. They are much better than the the ones that come in AEF kits. I am not sure if they are better than other ruck sacks I haven't seen so if you know of something better please let me know. Thanks in advance all.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 02:29 PM UTC
I'm fond of the old Tamiya modern armor accessory set. Lots of good stuff for M1s and Bradleys.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 02:45 PM UTC
So nobody else has favorite resin or plastic aftermarket parts? No sleeping bags, camo net bags, ruck sacks, food containers, or anytiing? I would really be greatful if everyone would let me know which ones they like.

Another one I like a lot that I didn't mention was the sleeping cots that legend also makes. I have cots from both Legend and AEF and the legend stuff, just like the ruck sacks, is just a little cleaner and better detailed. Actually in the ruck sack the legend version is about 10 times better. Thanks Sabot for the help and I will thank any others that can help me out in advance.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 03:10 PM UTC
I'll throw something into the mix drew. Half observation, half opinion.

The Tamiya Allied Vehicles Accessory Set, kit # 229 has a few 'good' ones. Even though I'm not fond of the 'open-back' duffels and such, I do like part #Z16 (folded sleeping bag), and part #Z4 (canvas M1936 field bag. I'm not so hot on the ever-popular (seen quite a lot) part Z20 (canvas top for vehicles). It just looks toooooo flat, or something. Others like it alot (apparently), I do not.
I have taken to making my own large rolls,and canvas packs.

I'll try to think of others.

Tread.

BTW, the jerry and blitz cans in the Tam kit are pretty good too. A little more difficult to get the seam out of the jerry as compared to the blitz. Steel drums are good too.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:03 PM UTC
Well this is not really storage but my $30.00 resin tires for the Lav-25 when I get to building it are nice. Okay the Armand Bayardi line of storage I find great shipping crates 50 cal ammo cans Nam ammo crates are all great. The resin sand bags from Hobby fan for the battlefield bus are great also pricey at $40.00. (:-)
 _GOTOTOP