TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Fantastic 4
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2005 - 06:59 AM UTC
I know that somebody is going to see this film today or tomorrow. I know that Johnny Storm (the Torch) yells out "Flame On !" from the previews, but I gotta know....does Ben Grim (The Thing) yell out "It's clobberin ' Time !" ? How can you have an accurate movie with out that. It would be like seeing Spiderman without him saying "Friendly neighborhood Spiderman".
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2005 - 07:48 AM UTC
I'm going this afternoon at 4:30 - hope it's a good one...

Gunnie
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2005 - 08:04 AM UTC
-right behind ya, Jim. 5:00 for me - I'm all over this movie like white on rice.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2005 - 11:41 AM UTC
I saw a clip that one of the actors showed on a talk show in which The Thing says "It's clobberin' time" before taking a swing at Doc Doom. I agree that any FF movie, no matter how well done overall, would seem empty without the blue-eyed everloving Thing's call to battle.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
Everyone is saying this is one of the worst superhero movies ever.

Steve
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Everyone is saying this is one of the worst superhero movies ever.

I have some reservations that I won't get into since it is still unseen for most. Overall - I thought it was good. Worst ever? I can think of a few, this one does not make that list.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 05:43 AM UTC
No, I think Batman and Robin has this one beat in the 'worst ever' category. lol
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 02:13 AM UTC
Daredevil or the Punisher are horrible superhero movies.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC
Even though I am a diehard DC fan and don't read much Marvel I will end up seeing this movie A few years back I read that the directors of these suerhero movies would rather please a million movie goers than a thousand comic book fans

That's generally why the directors won't make the movies true to the comic books series
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 04:42 AM UTC
Well the directors of the Spiderman series "screwed up". They pleased both categories. The character is dead-on in my opinion, and it is so filled with action to please the movie goer. As to Fantastic 4...I'll see it on dvd no matter what anyone says and make my own assesment.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 04:54 PM UTC
I didn't think that Daredevil or The Punisher were really that bad. Both were reasonably true to the characters and not too horribly over-acted in general. Origin movies usually aren't as smooth or free flowing as later films in a series. Compare X-Men to X2 as a good example. Plus, somebody with some power must have liked The Punisher since a sequel is already in the works. Heck, when you compare it to that wretched piece of junk 1980's version of Punny starring Dolph Lundgren last year's film looks like a work of art!
As for the worst comic films of all time, Lundgren's Punisher, Superman 3, and Batman and Robin are clearly at the top (bottom?) of the list.
Sorry about going so far off topic for so long. I just felt compelled to say a few words in defense of a couple of films that I enjoyed. As far as Fantastic 4 is concerned, I really don't care what critics say. I've been looking forward to seeing this film and am going to go.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC
I understand that a Captain America film was made. It was so bad that it only made it to video and the only place to find it is at comic conventions. Anybody seen Fantastic 4 that was a fan and not just an action movie goer?