_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
MIG products in Pretoria!!
QHoneyborne
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 129 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 06:47 PM UTC
Hey guys!

Good news for Pretoria modellers!

Yesterday I quickly ran into Jix Hobbies in Menlyn, Pretoria, and I saw that they now also stock MIG products. Currently they only stock the pigments, but in future, they'll bring in some of the resin products as well.

Cheers!
Quintin
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 07:46 PM UTC
Hey Quintin,

It's good to see that Matthew (aka Grungrau) got a foot in the door at Jix.

See here for his posts regarding MIG:

Mig Products now in S.A.!!!
MIG Productions pricing update

Contact him directly... I think that may answer your questions...

Rudi
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hi Quintin,

I have supplied the MIG pigments to JIX (and one resin kit and some dry transfers). They were in fact the first people to take it.

I have also supplied a lot of pigments, resins and dry transfers to Grand Prix Models out at the K90 shopping centre in Boksburg. They also seem to be doing well with them.

Then a new hobby shop that has opened called Wheels & Wings Hobbies in Edenvale (shop 11a Edenmeadow shopping centre - next to CNA). They have aslo taken on pigments as well as some resins and dry transfers.

So far the feedback has been extremely positive and sales have been going very well!

I have spoken to a few other shops, however some of them want the goods on consignment, or 120 day terms etc, which I am not very keen to do.

I must admit that I have not visited all the places that I should visit. For one my other business keeps me very busy.

However thats no excuse and I promise to chase up with some other people soon.

It is a little difficult for me to get to places like C.T. and DBN etc - and I have found that E-mailing the shops does not work, no matter how proffessional the E-mailing is. You HAVE to visit them before they buy anything.

However you are most welcome to contact me directly should you be in DBN or C.T., Bloem or something like that and I can speed mail you anything that you want. - Some people have done this already.

My cell number is: 082 851-4708 or matthewk(at) sourcekey .co.za (you will NOT get a bettter price in dealing directly with me, I sell at the same price that the shops will sell it to you at).

Regards,
Matthew (Graugrun) :-)
 _GOTOTOP