_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Page access problems etc...
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 10:28 PM UTC
When I get on the site with out logging on, I can get to the 'latest post' page (by clicking on the link). But if I log on with my call sign and pass word, it just opens an empty page...?? Any ideas? I have set my security and cookies to minimum protection to test, and that makes no difference..

This post has two ends, the first one is probably as much about closing the door after the horse has bolted, but for those who have not had this before, be warned...

My stephson came to live with us, meaning I lost the spare room/ modeling space but that was by the by. The big problem is that he wanted to use the computer ( of course). Problem is that 16 year olds can't be trusted to be responsible... Can they?? He goes (went..) on god knows which messenger sites, and best off all started 'participating' on a 'hacker-site' .... Assuring us that this was all for fun and not serious.
Then the @@@@@@ ?@@@**@@@ started taking it upon him to down load upgrades for my computer, because ' the pop-up' box said they were ready... and he installed mozilla fire fox, because aol interfeared with his programm... needless to say, after all this my computer started slowing, hanging, and having trouble booting-up..
I have solved most problems, but I'm still not sure if I might need to reformat to start afresh, as I still have some probs. Like not finishing booting-up on start up.

The moral of this story... Don't let ANYBODY use your computer, without locking all but basic functions.

Especialy your (step)kids....

Cheers
Henk

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 10:43 PM UTC
I had something similar on Friday night after the Armorama firewall crash... on latest posts I could initially only see about 4 posts... all with Friday's date...

Now today, when I was trying to change my signature, after saving the changes I couldn't see half the changes... when I went back into my profile the bio box was gone, but the html code for the bio box was sitting in my signature??? Have I broken Armorama?

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
Having learned the lesson years ago when ex-girl-friend kid screwed up my first computer, funny she was 16 at the time also...... must be something about being 16...... and computers..... :-) :-) :-)
Now even though I live alone, my computer is password protected...... if they get on, it will only allow them to use a limited set up as "guest", without access to any of my files or settings.
Now not being a computer genius ..... :-) :-) :-) I didn't do this, and really have no idea how to do it again if needed, since a friend who builds these things, set it up for me, the last time we upgraded memory, and installed XP.
 _GOTOTOP