_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Posting pictures to this forum
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 1,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi all,
Can someone please tell me why my last photos posted to this site are coming with those red crosses? Thanks in advance!
Cheers and happy ...photographing!
Prato
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:57 PM UTC
Ola Prato

Well I have checked your last post regarding your dio and it seems to me you have taken the wrong URL for the pictures. Now I have heard of a bug in the gallery system It had something to do with pics not showing up (I don`t know who came with that ) but You did the complete IMG tag ceremony correct only you need to get another URL to place between those brackets.
Well try to do the following.
Go to the gallery ==> Click on a thumb to get the Enlargement ==> Do rightclick on that picture ==> Choose properties ==> in the middle of that screen you`ll see a URL ==> Highlight it with the mouse ==> Press CTRL c (At the same time) ==> Go to your post ==> Click the "IMG" tags ==> Copy your URL between the "Puturlhere" thingy with CTRL v (Press at the same time) ==> And press submit.

This should always work and would result in appearing pictures.

Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 1,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 06:17 AM UTC
Thank you very much! I'll try that this instant!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
It can be done without having to find the URL in properties. Click on the thumbnail, to open the pic, directly under the pic you will see spin box with the URL and image [IMG] [/ IMG] tags, with a button on the right that says "copy". Simply click that button and you have copied the URL plus the necessary image tags to show the picture in your post. To do so, as Robert says, position your cursor and press Ctrl+v. If you want multiple images you can either open the gallery as a seperate page and move between you post and the gallery, selecting, copying and pasting. Or you can open a word document and paste all the image tagged urls into this, then highlight them all, press Ctrl+c, to copy them, go to your post, position the cursor and press Ctrl+v. Don't worry about the photo ID number that is for use by editors.

Have fun

Mal
 _GOTOTOP