_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Motivation
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
I just finished building Tamiya's Kublewagen and I was gonna start something new..but I put it away and started something else.....ya know i put that away too...I want to build something but nothing seems to interest me...has anyone had this problem ???
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:38 AM UTC
yup, i usualy sum it up to a little vacation or reading aobut ww2, soemthing like that is enought ot get me in the mood again Or a good kick in the a$$ and a campaign helps out

Frank
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi Commanche1 ,
I think we all run into the "artistic brickwall" once in a while. Usually 2 things motivate me, either looking at WWII sites on the internet or looking at other peoples models (which got me back into this modeling thing in the first place), seeing what can be done to these models is constantly improving, and really gets my creative juices flowing.
Or sometimes we just need a break, leave it alone for a while, it will soon call you back!

Bruce
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 11:25 AM UTC
Yes I went to my friendly local hobby store and ahhhh I was just drooling...at all the new stuff out... thanks for the reply..
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 11:46 AM UTC
Campaigns are a great way of getting over this situation.
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 11:59 AM UTC
This is what works for me. I don't let myself sit at the bench for a week. Watch TV, read, play a computer game - whatever you like - except kits. Then pick up a kit you have started, but not finished and work for 1 hour tops - stop before you want to. Then you will find the motivation is back!

Try it, you'll like it.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
Like the others said just take a break it will come back to you. I too have banged my head on the artistic brick wall at the moment but the BIG-A usually bandages me up pretty well.
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 01:57 PM UTC
Kool I am gonna try that ..................
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 389 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:57 PM UTC
The solution is here, in Armorama..
Campaigns are great solutions for this problem. If they don't help you, try to take a break or try to find some other stuff to build. If you are an AFV modeller try to make a medieval figure for example. Then the AFVs will attrack you again, I'm sure.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 1,002 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 12:49 AM UTC
You bet stopping is the best solution! But only stopping doing! Because you can go on reading about it (reference books, for example, bring you ideas about dios in a split of a second), going to the internet and brwsing the modelling sites or the vendors sites, playing some computer game(s) about your favourite war period, etc... Then it will flow back at you again naturally!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 01:30 AM UTC
Pffft, 3 days till World Expo and my figure still isn't done.
My motivation is either up, or dead stop. Sad, I knew it was coming for years, and I only MIGHT have one figure to take with me. I couldn't even take him out of the house last night to show someone my progress. Throw some low self esteem in the mix and you've got the perfect me.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 01:38 AM UTC
Did someone mention campaigns? :-) Call me codependent! When I started modelling it was always in a setting with 2 or more people modelling - I find it hard to remain dilligent and inspired without some sort of support by those who share their work & interest.
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi

Ohh ya .. I learnt a while back not to start something "just because" ... now I have a couple of dozen started projects :-)

Watch a good war movie, look at the WHAT'S NEW sections in your fav on-line hobby shop, surf the various on-line galleries or just chat with modeling buddies

Tom
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:54 AM UTC
Yes I am in that spot at the moment but I find I just sit at my bench or take some of my finishe work and just look at them or talk to my mates about what they are doing- then I find the urge
ian
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 08:09 PM UTC
Yuppers, I know the feeling. I'm in my third month of what I call 'modeler's block' with Hasagawa's P-38 still sitting on my bench, and I still have to finish my Leopold gun!
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 10:02 PM UTC
I sometimes try to make a build based on a certain part of military history that really interests me. I am very interested in the early blitz in France in 1940 so I would build a Panzer II or one of France's early vehicles and think of a dio for them.

Hasty
 _GOTOTOP