Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
My poor boy
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 09:01 PM UTC
I would like you to meet my cat Loki. As you can see he has been in a bit of trouble. The wound on his head looks like he has been shot, he has also got numerous cuts over his body. So off we went to the vet where they treated him and the poor things no longer a boy (snip). That should stop the fighting. Needless to say i won't be buying any modelling stuff this month as i'm now skint ( vets, how much). Loki has now made himself comfortable on my modelling desk so i can make a fuss of him . Oh well i think i'll paint the cat :-)
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 09:35 PM UTC
He does too look like he was shot. :-) When our family cat gets beat up my parents are always complaining about vet fees. :-)
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 10:41 PM UTC
I love our Cat but he is a traitor my daughter dressed him up as an All Black supporter
Lionel you traitor
Ian
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 12:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

also if i am not mistaken, that scratch on it's head looks bad because a cat's skin heals so fast that sometimes it heals over an infected area, and eventually that area expands and opens up again.

Yep, it had started to heal with a abcess under it causing an infection which led to a dehydration and one feeling sorry for itself cat.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 02:16 AM UTC
I feel for you with the vet fees. We'd had our new puppy a week when our 2 year old retriever taught him a lesson. 8 stitches, and the equivalent of about 5 really good model kits, Duke had been taken care of. In a month we've spent more on him in vet bills than we've spent in co-pays for the entire family.

I like your cat by the way. There is something about orange cats that is just really cool. They seem to have more personality than other cats.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 230 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 10:39 AM UTC
I don't have any pets myself (yet ?). My uncle (who lives on a farm) has a dog, an onn his current dog he spent as much on vet-bills in 6 months as he did on his previous dog who ended up being almost 15 years old (for a German sheppard). The dog is now on a special diet, so my guess is he has spent as much or more(dog is roughly 6 years old) then on his previous dog. Still, once you have chosen for a pet, he deserves the best.

In my previous shared house our housecat was killed (either dog or mauled by the neighborhood bullies) the day we left the house (as it was sold).