_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Acrylic Display Case
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:06 AM UTC
Hi guyz..Any of you got lobang for the cheapest acrylic display case (those with the black base) for single models? I have a dilema coz my 3 longest models are collecting dust as we speak. They can't fit into the Ikea display case so I need to keep them individually. The last time i checked, it's not that cheap but i don't have a choice. The 3 models are my 1/350 Yamato, Grman U-boat IXB and the grand daddy of them all, DML's 1/35 Leopold!! Here's a pix of my Leopold.

blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:52 PM UTC
Yes, I have done that for my 1/350 Yamato for S$105. It comes with a black acrylic base and can also fit in 4x 1/48 WWII fighter planes + 1 1/35 Sherman.

I got it done at a frame shop at Alexandra Rd, next to AIA building. The name of the shop starts with Mega, people are quite friendly. Cheers!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 05:37 PM UTC
Nice Leopold Psyfool.. Can you take some close up shots of the grand daddy of yours. haha. Esp. where the soldiers are. Would love to see them. (do they come with this DML kit?)
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, I have done that for my 1/350 Yamato for S$105. It comes with a black acrylic base and can also fit in 4x 1/48 WWII fighter planes + 1 1/35 Sherman.

I got it done at a frame shop at Alexandra Rd, next to AIA building. The name of the shop starts with Mega, people are quite friendly. Cheers!

Wow! $105!...That's expensive!! My Leopold is much longer than that. How much would that cost me? Is your case all joints (on 4 sides) or is it bent on 2 sides with the other 2 sides joint. I understand the latter type is more expensive.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice Leopold Psyfool.. Can you take some close up shots of the grand daddy of yours. haha. Esp. where the soldiers are. Would love to see them. (do they come with this DML kit?)

I still intend to touch it up a bit more with a bit of scene once i can finalise on the case. Tot of adding some electrical posts along the rail line. The kit comes with some nice figures. I also added the Trumpeter figures to make it look more busy. I'll post some close up photos after i wipe the dust of it!!
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 06:06 AM UTC
Mine was a joint kind. Yup, bend joints are more expensive.

I am renovating my place and will be getting display cupbpards from IKEA, definitely more economical.

Cheers!
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 12:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mine was a joint kind. Yup, bend joints are more expensive.

I am renovating my place and will be getting display cupbpards from IKEA, definitely more economical.

Cheers!

Yeah...An Ikea Dispaly shelf only cost about $130 plus and can stuff many models..But they are not wide enuff to fit my Leopold...Shd have thought of this problem when I bought the kit!
 _GOTOTOP