Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Done yet, dad?
entire network: 4,303 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 10:41 PM UTC
Today, my two eldest kids went on a daytrip to Amsterdam with my parents and SWMBO was gone early to work. So I found myself alone with my youngest. I made him a proposal that he could watch 2 episodes of 'Teletubbies' if I could spray some models in that time.
Because he only can say 'yes' and 'no' to such questions he said 'yes' by the word Teletubbies... (offcourse I knew that in advance )

But there was no watching TV! This was just very interesting dad's doing there!
I managed eventually to spray all 3 models I had to spray.
Thomas was just first watching it from a distance, than imitated the sound of the compressor. ...
But after those 3 models he wanted to do something else with his dad, so he overcome and get his hands on the spraygun, asking: 'Klaar, papa?' (Translated: 'Done yet, dad?')

Paul

What is dad doing now?

Nope, no more spraying dad!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC
Hi Paul,
You spray in the living room . If I would suggest that I think a visit to the local A&E would be required. :-) .
I get compaints if I spray in (what used to be ) the spare room, with the door closed and the window open. And that's with Acrylic paint, I dread to think what her reaction would be if I started using enamel thinner...
I do all my spray painting at work at the moment.

Groeten
Henk
entire network: 4,303 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC
Hey Henk,
LOL. That's why I did it now when she is gone.. :-)

No, just joking, I'm a lucky guy; my wife just doesn't mind me spraying in the livingroom! As long as the window is open, the furniture is not coloured and we are not in a dense nebula, she's OK with it.
Actually, she always say it smells good when I open up a bottle of paint!!
That's one of her big plusses; she also can stand sniffing behind a bus, lorry or the bether; a steamengine cause she like the smells of burning diesel, oil, gasoline, coal etc...

She's just :-)8

You are lucky that you can spray at work. Do you have a special place for it there?

Paul
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Funny you posted this, my dog always lays (lies?) under my feet and my dads feet if we're modeling at the same time, occasionally jumping up and nudging my elbow causing me to mess up on something :-)