Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Hobby shops in Orlando area
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
Next week I'll be journeying down to Disney World for a week. Any "must visit" hobby shops in the area?

Patrick
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 12:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Usually you can look in the phone book

That's the first thing I do when we get to a hotel room, no matter where we are. It drives my wife insane.

Patrick
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 05:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Next week I'll be journeying down to Disney World for a week. Any "must visit" hobby shops in the area?

Patrick

There is a hobby shop must see off of Rt. 50 and Orange Ave. Rt 27 but I cant remember the name.
todd
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 08:36 PM UTC
Just off of Mills, near the intersection of Mills and Colonial (17-92 and Hwy 50), is Colonial Photo & Hobby. Probably the oldest hobby shop in Orlando and the biggest...unless you are looking for R/C cars, then the best place for that would be Superior Hobbies in Cassleberry. There are a couple of smaller ones, Bob's Hobby Shop (good for R/C airplanes, airplane models and car models...the armor section is ok) and another one in the Publix shopping center on the corner of Alafaya and Colonial (about 15min to 1hr away from Colonial Photo and Hobby depending on time of day) though I cannot remember the name of it (but it is next to a very good sushi place, if you like sushi that is)...he doesn't have a huge selection (except for cars) and hardly any armor kits, but he has plenty of balsa airplane kits. I think there are a couple out on west Colonial, but even I have to check the phone book for those.

:-)