_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
My current Progress EVO VI
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 655 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 09:44 PM UTC
My EVO VI
Under the car

Chasis

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:44 PM UTC
looking good.. keep us posted.
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 12:21 PM UTC
Its almost there, left the windscreen and the outside stuff side view mirror..
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Its almost there, left the windscreen and the outside stuff side view mirror..

Show us the finished product when it's done. I make cars and bikes too. Tot of making the Nissan 350Z Xanavi by Tamiya. I've already made the Skyline version....Makings cars/ bikes is a totally different ball game from making military stuff where u don't need to worry about neatness and shine!!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:50 AM UTC
I got this problem when I gloss my car. I use Tamiya TS-13 (Clear) spray can. Applied it onto my car, and the paint smudged. (I painted the car Mica Silver 2 days back). What could have happened? BTW, what do you guys use to gloss your car?

Cheers,
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:00 AM UTC
What i heard from Danial, is not to use gloss cos it will smudge your paint. So i didn't bother about the gloss and my car is not even using the correct black cos the lady at tiong bahru gave me the wrong black.
duh
but i think it still look ok
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I got this problem when I gloss my car. I use Tamiya TS-13 (Clear) spray can. Applied it onto my car, and the paint smudged. (I painted the car Mica Silver 2 days back). What could have happened? BTW, what do you guys use to gloss your car?

Cheers,

I use TS-13. But don't have smudging problem. What do you mean by smudge? The problem that I have at times is that I can't get the shine to come out. Even after many coats. It sort of blurr up. After some time, I realised that to paint gloss, the weather must not be humid. Especially during or after rain. Best do it during the hottest and dryest part of the day. Just sharing my experience.
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:45 AM UTC
The Tamiya gloss clear CANNOT be applied by brush!!! I did that too and smudged my paintwork.

It is best used with an airbrush or straight from the spray can. I heard that it is lacquer based so it doesn't like acrylic paints.

:-)
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:40 PM UTC
Yup.. the lady at the shop told me to use gloss in the open (under shade), best during the afternoon when the weather is hot and dry. I use the Spray can version. Once I sprayed TS-13 onto my car, the acrylic paints start to run together with the gloss. Maybe i oversprayed. But I still don't see the gloss effect. Worst off.. my paintwork was ruined. :-)

If what eerie said is true. Maybe I won't have to gloss my car in future.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If what eerie said is true. Maybe I won't have to gloss my car in future.

It all depends. My view is that a gloss coat is a must for bike and car models as they usually come with a lot of nice decals. The gloss coat will protect these decals. Unprotected decals will turn yellow over time and u have to be very careful when wiping dust off it, the decals may come out. Glossed bikes/ cars also look better, especially when done well. A shiny, glossy car/ bike makes me satisfied. Here's a photo of one of my better/ latest car model.

Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What i heard from Danial, is not to use gloss cos it will smudge your paint. So i didn't bother about the gloss and my car is not even using the correct black cos the lady at tiong bahru gave me the wrong black.
duh
but i think it still look ok

well the real problem has got to b the weather itself and the environmnet...im sure those of us experience this b4...glossing the vehicle is like the real thing...u need hot dry weather, and dust free environment...u juz don coat it once but a couple of times...look up my gallery and u'll see my ducati 916...i took exactly 1 wk to gloss it up only to find it wif dust...so gentlemen, i propose that after the first coat of gloss, cover the model up to prevent the 'dustation' i called it...
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 12:49 AM UTC
Nice set of cars you have there Psyfool... I believe i'll just have to keep trying till I perfect the glossing technique. BTW, the one at the extreme right of the picture (blue colour) is the Tamiya Subaru Impreza?

Danial, what do you use to gloss your cars? Tamiya TS-13? Yup.. I agree with you on 'dustation'.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:39 AM UTC
i use mr.hobby gloss...its a good one but a friendly reminder if ur using this..be sure, i say again be very very sure u give that thing a gd shake for 5 - 10 mins if ur using it for the first time to prevent unwanted 'effects'...
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice set of cars you have there Psyfool... I believe i'll just have to keep trying till I perfect the glossing technique. BTW, the one at the extreme right of the picture (blue colour) is the Tamiya Subaru Impreza?

Danial, what do you use to gloss your cars? Tamiya TS-13? Yup.. I agree with you on 'dustation'.

Yup..That's a Tamiya Subaru Impreza 01. I love rally cars and I have a good collection of them.

Dust....Modellers greatest enemy.....
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 08:24 PM UTC
Roger that Danial.. I'll give it a good shake
But I don't build lots of cars.. so my TS-13 can still last for quite some time.

I realized something about cars.. they give your cupboard a lot of colours.. haha :-)
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 08:37 PM UTC
actually i also use the gloss to apply my decals on...good coz the glossy part lets the decals slide easily on...
once i put the decal and its dried up...i coat once more using a clear matt spray...its still usable either ways...
 _GOTOTOP