_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Puma
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 06:23 PM UTC
Hi, this is the Italeri's Puma for the Spahwagen campaign.

This is my first real dirty vehicle, i dirtied it up alot and i thought i overdid it but weird when it comes to pictures, alot of the dirt dust etc doesnt seems to show up. Oh well...

Comments and criticisms welcomed!

blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:03 AM UTC
Critisms? None I could see, just brilliant work! I really like your wheels, did you used powders, mixed with paints?

Cheers!
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 04:04 AM UTC
Hi Dan, thanks for the comment but i think i still have tons to improve!

For the wheels, i used MMP powders "Light north african sand". I just mix the powder with water and brush it on to the wheels. After it dries i used my fingers to 'brush' away the excess powders.

blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:09 PM UTC
beg my pardon, but what's MMP powder and where you can get them?

Cheers!
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:38 PM UTC
I think I can see the dirt you put all the way up to the turret of the puma. Nice job on the weathering. Is it possible for you to tell us... what you used to prime your kit? And the colours you used? Haha.. i hope i'm not asking much.
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:48 PM UTC
Hi guys.

Dan, MMP powders can only be found here in M-workshop. It's the shop at sunshine plaza. 6 dollars per bottle. Small bottle but it is worth it! I personally believe it is better than Mig pigments. Cheaper and more content too.

MMP site

Ike, i think the dirt u are referring to are the rain streaks. I thought i overdid it. Too thick and fat. I do not normally prime my kits as i believe that will cover some delicate details off with an extra coat of paint. I only prime when the plastic i'm painting is the same colour as the paint i'm using on it.

For the colours, i used Tamiya's dark yellow, deep green and red brown. After painting, i gave them a filter of dark yellow to simulate faded paint and then lastly another light filter of german grey.

umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:36 PM UTC
Man.. I went to M workshop and they have good stuff there. I was amazed. The next time I go, I'll ask them for their membership. Haha.. Ohh... rain streaks. Danny.. from my observation, the streaks don't line up properly (1st pic). Well.. you realised your mistake.. time for improvement.. afterall, your skill is way better than mine. We'll be waiting for your next post on another new build of yours.... Thanks for your help bro.
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 11:53 PM UTC
Hi Danny. I too like the effects on the wheels, the way the mud/ dirt get stuck within the tyre grooves. Cool! Looks realistic. I also have this kit and my tyre effect is not as good as yours. Maybe i shoud try this powder thingy u're telling us about.
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 05:49 AM UTC
Pigment powders are good for weathering but for long term, it will kinda gets troublesome.

As it is in powder form, be careful when you handle the model. You dont want your fingerprints embedded on it. Also try to keep it in a dust free environment after 'pigmented'. If alot of dust is collected on the model and of cause, you gotta clean it. Clean off the dust, you also clean off the powder and you're back to square one.

'Sealing' the powders with dull coat doesnt work too.

Oh well, we cant have the best of both worlds.

Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 481 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 11:50 AM UTC
Yup...Dust is a modellers greatest nightmare. Thanx Danny for the info!
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:53 AM UTC
eh i have something close like that...but its frm airfix...very bad mould and the plastic...undescribable...btw its 1/72
 _GOTOTOP