_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Click....and there gone
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:22 AM UTC

HELP.......by accident when cleanning up my p-c I 've destroyed ALL my .."I" ..file .......yes all 600 + pics .....can you help... sites -pics -threads -anything--all m y Israeli /Russian /Indian ..etc gone
Don't mind if you clog my p-m/e-m......any help to get some -thing back.....my history does not go back far enough---8 months
aye

BARV
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 970 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:39 AM UTC
Stating the obvious here I expect, but you have checked the 'Recycle bin' of your PC?

Also iirc some utilities packages like Norton Systemworks (?) have quite good applications for undeleting / recovering lost files. May well be worth a try.

A couple of computing websites you could try (they may well let you post a question like you have on this forum, you'd have to visit the sites and check) are:

http://hardwarehell.com/index.shtml

http://www.opentechsupport.net/

Finally, typing 'file undelete recovery' into Google turns up a pile of results, many of which look like they might help. Good luck!
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 08:01 PM UTC
The watchword here has to be 'back-up'! I lost 2 years worth of irreplaceable digital photos when they were corrupted during a data transfer, so have made a point of keeping them constantly backed up.

On the plus side there are programs as Ripster mentioned, some being available for free download or else as reasonably-priced shareware.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 08:45 AM UTC

-thanks guys--------friend got retrieval system ------wait for himto fix----------
aye
BARV
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
entire network: 970 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
Good luck - hope he manages to get some, if not all of it, back for you
 _GOTOTOP