_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Diorama No.14: The Fall of...
Dwight
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:04 AM UTC
On the way to Berlin a group of Russian soldiers hitched a ride on one of the passing Shermans and I guess somebody was looking for some fun...

Seriously...with all those pictures of Russian tanks packed with infantry...I bet somewhere, sometime some pushing and shoving happenned... And of course there will be finger pointing, too.

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 12:37 AM UTC
Sweet... that Russian tanker? From what kit was that? Very impressive my friend
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
I like the weathering of the tank, especially the splatters and rainmarks. That's an academy kit right?

A couple of things:

1) The groundwork needs to be drybrushed with other colors to avoid a monotonous shade. Drybrush a bit of brown here, green there, yellow here, red there, etc. But before you do that, give the ground a wash of burnt umber or brown.

2) The foliage looks a bit artificial. Drybrush various lighter and darker shades of green and yellow n the leaves.

3) The tracks of the tank are too shiny. Personally, I would rust up the entire track, then drybrush the areas that make contact with the ground with metallic paint. Then since you're portraying a dusty road, I'd give the tracks a treatment of dust colored pastels.

4) I would prefer some stowage on the tank. So, you can put some crates and boxes. However, don't overdo it since Russians do not put a lot of things on thier tanks.

5) The man sitting at the front of the tank, near the driver's hatch. Back him up a little. That's not a natural way of sitting. The crook at the back of his knees should touch the edge of the tank.

6) The same with the guy sitting at the back of the tank. His right boot should be on the tank. Back him up a little. I like how you weathered his boots.

Overall this is a very good dio. It's very impressive. I wonder what that crawling man is looking for.

Angela
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 07:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder what that crawling man is looking for.

Angela, the man is not crawling :-) ...he supposedly fell from the tank... :-) .

Dwight
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 08:16 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments and tips guys. I'll see what I can do to improve the dio. It is really good to hear a second opinion on things especially from more experienced modelers.

Again I appreciate the remarks.
 _GOTOTOP