Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Napoleon Dynamite
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 04:56 AM UTC
This is funny if you have seen Napoleon Dynamite, if you haven't just think the kid has guts for doing it.
regards,
Robert
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/napoleondynamitespellingbee.html
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 05:08 AM UTC
thats pretty good, even though i thought the movie was pointless :-)
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 07:04 AM UTC
I saw "DUDE! Where's my car?" I thought "Worst movie ever!"
Then I saw "Master of Disguise" and amended my previous opinion and labeled it "Worst"

Then, I saw "Napoleon Dynamite" and thought...

"There will NEVER be a worse movie EVER!"
"What a wast of good celluloid"
"KILL THE WRITER!"
"I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!" Plus a stipend for life just for the brain cells it STOLE from me!

What people think is funny nowadays is wrong sometimes. I know "to each his own" but, MTV Films needs to be stopped if they keep this crap up.

Just ONE man's opinion. Mine. You may have another, but, mine is this and you brought it up.

Cuhail
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC
Actually, Murph, I thought ND was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Sure, it wasn't really about anything in particluar and I really did not exepect anything exciting. Impressed me in the same way that "Fargo" did.
I think the main reason the movie did so well was because there are too many of us that could identify.
I just didn't have mad skilz, and couldn't vote for Pedro...

I was, however, the president of the speech team.

Shaun :-)

Thanks for the link Robert.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 02:15 PM UTC
I never really gave the movie much thought. My wife rented it & loved it - she begged me to watch it - nope, I said. Don't care - don't wanna see it - whatever. Then my wife bought the movie to add to our collection. I still would not watch it. One night I crawled out of the submarine (my model room) to get a breather & stretch my legs - I walked in on her watching the movie - I couldn't hide my laughter from her for long. It is a very good movie (to me). :-)
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 03:06 PM UTC
I thought the movie was ok, not great not bad, a good rainy take a break from the workbench type. I thought the kid did a great impersonation and the fact that he did it in front of so many people straight faced and then spelled his word, he might forget what word he had to spell but he will always remember that. What really got me laughing was the commentator when she said was that some type of secret code. So whether you like the movie or not is beside the point, I just won't invite you over to watch it with me :-) :-) :-)

best regards,
Robert scared of the talons Beebe
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 03:08 PM UTC
Tina! Come get some ham!
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 04:56 PM UTC
I only say this because I'm among friends.........I love stupid movies. That's right, I'm a sucker for a dumb movie. Napoleon Dynamite was great. Dude, Where's My Car, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, and who could forget Dumb and Dumber?

And then there are the classics. Monty Python in Search of the Holy Grail, Airplane, any of the Naked Gun series. Come on, rent a dumb movie today! Such pleasure can be derived from mindless movies.

Patrick
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC
O.K. as friends, we shall agree to disagree. If it made ya'll laugh, I will be the last to say "don't watch it."
But, if anybody asks, I have to say skip it.

I don't do Space/SciFi Models, but, I would never stop a modeler from doing so and enjoying it.

Comically opinionated,
Cuhail

P.S. I still love you guys! It doesn't change my opinion of ya'll. You are ALL still the best MODELERS in the world!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:28 AM UTC
I think this movie has to be the most contested movie in a LONG time. I have two daughters, one 17 who LOVED it, and the other 15 who thought it the stupidest movie she's ever seen. People at work have it on their screen savers, IM names, (one person's name on IM is Vote for Pedro), and even have posters of it up. Others look down their noses at it.

Me, I haven't seen it and I don't know what to make of it.

StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tina! Come get some ham!

LMAO.....