Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Letting of some steam
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
While surfing the net today I came across a website that stated it had videos clips of OIF sent in by troops who have served in Iraq. Being the naive person that I am I started surfing around only to find that the site was an anti war web site and the videos turned out to be pictures of dead American soldiers. To say the least I was horrified, disgusted, saddened, humiliated, angry and dumbfounded. I could not believe that anyone could be so callous as to post these pictures.
I served for 11years in the US Army and I have no problem with people who have a different opinion, I will most often listen and bite my tongue. I will argue my point of view but not to try and sway the other person, only to explain why I have the opinion I do. The web site I found (while I did not stay long) will stay with me for a long time to come, Soldiers should be mourned when they fall in battle not put on display to serve as shock value for someones opinion.
Thanks for listening and I hope that this is not to political for people.
Best Regards,
Robert

God Bless the Troops, all of them
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:16 PM UTC
Ouch, that must have hurt.

I apprecitate your service and sacrafice. Thank you.
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:21 PM UTC
This site shouldnt be up though. The pictures of Dead America forces or anyone of any country should not be displayed. Its completely wrong and inhumain

I agree with you Robert, The people who made this should take it down. It

Take Care Soldiers!
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ouch, that must have hurt.

I apprecitate your service and sacrafice. Thank you.

Thanks Scott, wasn't looking for that but I do appreciate it. I do feel for the troops there, I served in Desert Shield and Storm , wish I could send all the troops air conditioning and a few cold ones for this time of year, guess my thoughts and prayers will have to do for now.
Best Regards,
Robert
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2005 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi, I agree with you 100% on this, but pictures of dead soldiers, esp. American soldiers, didn't just start during this conflict. And dead and horribly maimed soldiers, and esp. civilians, are just one of the many, many, horrible side-effects of any conflict, no matter what nation(s) are involved in whatever time period under consideration. It's just a part of this monster we we call war, that we have created for ourselves down over time.

This Net. site is just a part of the total package we have created for ourselves with the invention of the computer and the Web, as a whole, and now we must live with the results of it, either for good or bad. A real shame nonetheless.

Take care, Sgirty