TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Batman Begins
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 05:16 PM UTC
Okay not going to talk about the plot or anything but wanted to mention die hard Batman fans must see this in theatres! It is a welcome return to the Tim Burton days of Batman and good ridance to the campy crap that has been ruining Batman for the last few years. It even has a decent plot and is done very tastefully.
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:34 PM UTC
This movie is awsome! It's like DC Comics apologized to the fans with this one for the last few crappy films. Hopefully, if they make sequels, they won't change out the actors like they did after Micheal Keaton.

:-)
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is a welcome return to the Tim Burton days of Batman and good ridance to the campy crap

...sorry, but the Tim Burton days were campy crap as well. (just my opinion) I saw the new one last night & it was a breath of fresh air.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 04:11 PM UTC
Woohoo! Thank you Chris Nolan for being the guy who FINALLY got it right! I've always said to my wife when we talked about Batman (Batman and Spidey are my two favorite comic book characters) that someone needs to make the movie 'real'.

Treat Batman as a real person and not a campy, overly colorful cool guy. Make him a real person who is driven by his past, have the people and the villains around him be real people too not over the top and comic book like. While Nicholson did a GREAT Joker, he was still too campy for my tastes.

This movie has no camp at all and Batman comes off as a very intense character, Christian Bale did an outstanding job.

Tons of action, great fight sequences and plenty of Batman on the screen. Loved his 'interrogation' scene, shows he means business and doesn't always talk in a low monotone like an uber cool guy. lol

Don't miss it, go see it!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 06:50 AM UTC
I saw it last night.
UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!
I remember coming out of the first Batman with Michael Keaton and saying "WOW!", but Chris Nolan made such a believable Batman it made me wonder what I was thinking before.
It's believable. It makes sense. I like the reasoning behind it.
Lucious Fox is there.
The relationship with Gordon is there.
And I'll tell you what. When I first saw the new Batmobile, I was NOT impressed. It was filmed in Chicago and we kept seeing snippets of it and I wondered what they were thinking with this "vehicle".
I just didn't like it. But, after seeing the movie, I am a changed man! It made SENSE! I loved it!
Even Christian Bale was great. I wondered if he could pull it off, and POW! There it is!
My lady, who isn't really a "superhero" fan, thought it was great. Her ONLY problem with it at all was the mole next to Bruce's eye that kept "distracting" her. :-)

I watched an interview on "The Charlie Rose Show" with Chris Nolan and Christian Bale and both agreed that if the audience reacted well to it, they would do the sequel.
If people react HALF as well as I have, I see the sequel happening.
And I'm excited.
GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

Cuhail gives it **** Four Stars !!!

Cuhail
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
Ahhh.. Finally a return to the "Dark Knight" image of Batman. I loved the first one with Michael Keaton. And while Nicholson may have gone a bit over the top with Joker, it still is a classic in my book. Look forward to seeing this one. Spidy is my favorite, but Batman ain't far behind. Wonder how the Fantastic 4 is going to turn out. I see Dr Doom is going to be their advesary so hopefully it'll turn out equally as well. Just as long as the Thing yells "IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME !!"
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 02:53 PM UTC
I saw it last Wendesday.

It was very awesome. As I echo the other's sentiments here, the Batman in this movie is more real and more believable. I love Christian Bale's acting.

The Batmobile is freakily awesome!!! My eyes were as big as saucers when I saw it! Even the Batmobile is more believalbe than that phallic car on Tim Burton's Batman movies.

Angela
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 03:39 PM UTC
Didn't see the movie yet but... which model company is going to be first to make a batmobile tank thingy?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... which model company is going to be first to make a batmobile tank thingy?

I don't know, but, I was thinking about that as soon as I walked out of the theater. I also came to the conclusion that it would be the first model I wouldn't want to kitbash into something different! :-) They made it AWESOME!

Cuhail
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 08:27 PM UTC
I didn't pin much hope on this movie when I saw that it was coming out, but I decided to give it a try anyway for my "Sunday Night Movie". Hell, I even passed by Land of the Dead for this.....

....and damn am I glad I did. Great flick!! I echo the sentiments about the "building" of the character. I believe that this really made the movie more believable.

Definitely recommended!!
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 03:54 PM UTC
Loved it so much I went to see it again last night and am thinking of catching it again tomorrow for a matinee. lol I've regained my confidence in Batman on the big screen, which was lost after the last 3 movies with a strong dislike for the 4th in the series.

I'm eagerly awaiting the DVD and the sequel, I think I'll need to buy two DVD's as I'm afraid I'll burn a hole in my first copy.
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Didn't see the movie yet but... which model company is going to be first to make a batmobile tank thingy?

Bandai my friend....

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/53919&page=1