TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Foot NOTE to Hells Kitchen.lol lol
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 02:19 PM UTC
I suppose iam quit sad then i like the programme,and it is quite interesting that the only thing that gets picked up on is the way that he speaks to people...they all volunter and they are all big boys and girls!.
I have wanted to get stuck into people like that i have worked with when my well being was at risk but could not because it would not have been PC.
When i saw the series in the UK it was interesting to watch the whole series and see at the end what a very good effective team that he created, further more none of the UK contestants had any cooking skills...
Albeit his way of dealing with people is not to everyones liking and in certain enviroments it would not work, he has 9 very succsessful restaurants in the uk ,voted best cheif in uk for 6 years in a row..and from all accounts people are knocking the door down to work for him....he must be doing something right.
When i was in the DPG we had a lot of training from SForces they told you what to do in no uncertain terms and they brought together a very effective and well trained team it works and we get away from this wishy washy bull...s..t that has crept into every where.
The other day i was driving along and this t..t walked right into the road in front of me on a mobile phone i braked almost hitting him and having the car behinde me up my ar.e.
I get out of the car and tell him i was going to shove it up his backside...he got the point very clearly as did the police officer parked across the street who saw the whole thing, and did and said nothing
There we go a little bit of Gorden Ramsey in all of us
:-) Cheers Chris
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:30 PM UTC
Chris, i have to second what you just said. I love the program, and have also been watching his program on BBC called Ramseys' Kitchen Nightmares. I think that the program Hell's Kitchen, the boys and girls are very aware of the condition they would be working under, and consented to it when they signed the release.
In my opinion, i think what Ramsey does can simply be defined as tough love. He very quickly separates the ones who really want this and the ones who don't. I think that he makes them strive to be the best that they can possible be, which is what it will take for the lucky one who is left standing.
Mary (++)
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 10:53 PM UTC

At first I would have agreed with both of you but what bugs me is that you get so much of it ramed down your throat . Everything has a natural end but the TV bosses don't seem to realise it.

Vic