_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Saints and Soldiers
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 101 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 09:49 PM UTC
Have you guys watch this one, I don't even know this movie existed until I found it in the pasar malam DVD stand last weekend.

I must say I like it, kinda like a sequel to the BOB, winter setting, you WW2 fan gotta love this..

it's about 4 GI and a downed RAF pilot fighting in Europe during World War II struggle to return to Allied territory with some valuable intel after being captured during the historic Malmedy Massacre, lot's of cool fighting scene, soldier firing bazooka, MP44…
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC
masterqq,

last week when i was at sungei wang plaza i saw this too... but i dont know what it is about so i tak beli... bought cartoon for the wife and kids instead..hehehe..
and thanks for letting me now...if u tell me earlier perhap i can buy las tweek...it's hard for me to get into sg wang
anyway, wife complaint too many war movie..hehe
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 10:09 PM UTC
Saw it yesterday. Before I could read the CD cover, majlis came . Planning to watch it soon.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 01:11 PM UTC
masterqq, is it any good? how do you compare it with BOB and SPR? any idea if the movie is going to be shown here... or do i have to see my friendly neighborhood DVD seller again...

masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 01:29 PM UTC
I would say this is very well done kinda low budget movie, you will not see a lot of AFVs in the movie, a jeep, a couple of half truck, but lot’s of soldier in action, I don’t know the accuracy of the uniform but it sure look authentic to me, so you will find instant reference for a lot of your DML figures painting.

The best part is, no big star in the movie, but this doesn’t spoil the movie. From the cover of the DVD, this movie apparently received a lot of international film award. I say go and get it.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 01:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Saw it yesterday. Before I could read the CD cover, majlis came

hahaha..argrillion, the majlis dude really knew when to come la..

masterqqq, i heard dvd in penang like heavens man....
in KL it's hard to find them unless in sungei wang...others do carry them..but in my area, i never saw them in pasar malam...
will go to penang next month..hehe

anyway, like jimbo question, how was the movie compare to BoB, spr and others
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 02:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

how do you compare it with BOB and SPR

IMHO : Definitely no match for the big scene of the SPR , but comparable or batter than the Bastonge (Spelling) episode of BOB.

It's hard to get DVD in Penang too now a day, constant raid by the authority.. so try your luck lah..
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 02:47 PM UTC
if it's good, think i'll pay a visit to summit usj this weekend. a lot of dvd, but that was 3 months ago since i went there.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:09 PM UTC
Well,
a story of 4 gi's, 2 101st airborne dudes 1 medic and 1 tank crew ( i think) they escaped the melmedy masacre, and their journey to get back to the allied front. came along is this raf intel who got shot down and joined them, the raf guy was in a mission to inform the allied forces about some enemy movement spearheading to the river muse..behind enemy line, desperate and tension,

for me, this movie shows good details for the german mixed uniform during the Ardennes Offensive.

the cam work is not that good la berbanding dgn SPR and BOB. but quite realistic action compared to Wind Talkers...

...ps- i want to start back my ardennes offensive dio, this Film drives me nuts...makes me go back to my room after watching it and check on my looooong SANGKUT project... heheheheh

I'LL BE BACK
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well,
a story of 4 gi's, 2 101st airborne dudes 1 medic and 1 tank crew ( i think) they escaped the melmedy masacre, and their journey to get back to the allied front. came along is this raf intel who got shot down and joined them, the raf guy was in a mission to inform the allied forces about some enemy movement spearheading to the river muse..behind enemy line, desperate and tension,

for me, this movie shows good details for the german mixed uniform during the Ardennes Offensive.

the cam work is not that good la berbanding dgn SPR and BOB. but quite realistic action compared to Wind Talkers...

...ps- i want to start back my ardennes offensive dio, this Film drives me nuts...makes me go back to my room after watching it and check on my looooong SANGKUT project... heheheheh

I'LL BE BACK

yo Opie, welcome back..where have u been all this while
Miss u sonny boy!

thanks for the info of the movie...i think i will get it soon
and pls post ur progress on the dio... i knew u're express builder so pls show us something!
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 03:42 PM UTC
Copy that...
imma post my sangkut project figs pictures.
But i want to check again if my last posted pictures is still here. tak payah nak attach baru. kan kan kan..
peace out...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 04:07 PM UTC
i just tengok this movie semalam...got the DVD at Tanjung Malim..cheap all DVDs RM5..

the movie is good....story is also good....
lost of SS multi uniform...

no AFV...

just a few halftrack , i presume sdkfz 251 or 250...
a kubelwagen
willys jeep
a few gun trucks... that's all

_GOTOTOP