Armor kits for sale by poster.
FS/FT partially assembled atomic cannon
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC
This is a partially assembled atomic cannon that I picked up in Austin, TX about 4 years ago. I gave it to my dad but he's shown no interest in starting on it.

In addition, I acquired 5 color sheets of atomic cannon pictures, 6 color sheets of a build from the guy in the Netherlands who super detailed an atomic cannon and a photocopy of the TM 9-8006 atomic cannon plus a printed set of the instructions.

The only thing I've done is separate the recoil assembly from the main carriage. The plastic can be brittle in some places as I learned but nothing not easily repairable.

I did a quick inventory and the only things I can see missing are the .50 cal mg, a panel on the side of the carriage and a roller wheel on the carriage where it hits the pivot. There are some broken parts but most are easily fixed except for the shaft which elevates the gun which needs to be replaced and one of the axles on the transporters needs to be replaced. Also the previous owner glued the lifting arm pivot into it's socket on the front transporter so without minor surgery you can show the front transporter turning.

IMO, a good start for a detail project but not for the faint of heart. I'd like at least $60 which doesn't cover what I've got into it but I'd be willing to work out a cash & trade deal + shipping. I'd like to keep this in the US and Canada. It's a bit heavy with the TM photocopy included. Shipping will be determined based on destination.

Paul

I've got a larger set of these photos if needed.

Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 850 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 05:49 AM UTC
Wow! That's going to be one big model!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 06:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! That's going to be one big model! Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing this one done.

Read the post and look at the forum! He's not building it, he's looking to sell it.

Paul, hope someone buys it from you. It will require a lot of work, but should be a nice piece. Good luck to whoever buys it. You might also want to try Ebay. I have seen th same kit go for over $300 (unstarted) without all the technical manuals and referance items.
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 850 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
Oh yeah. Oops. I saw the word 'atomic cannon' and some photos of a huge model, and kind of skipped the rest. I do that sometimes.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 07:19 AM UTC
I hadn't thought about eBay since it's already started but I suppose it's an option. I'd rather see someone here put it to good use and then we could see the results.

Or if nobody wants it then maybe I'll build it. I'll be in Kansas City in 2 weeks and with the late sunset I could probably make it out to Ft. Riley to get some pictures of the atomic cannon off I-70.

Paul
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 01:00 AM UTC
I agree with 96D4HS9. You should finish it yourself.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 01:24 AM UTC
Howdy Paul,

PM'd you..........

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP