History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
WWII Victory Museum
Boiler
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
My wife and I went to the WWII Victory Museum in Auburn Indiana yesterday. What a place! It's brand new and apparently they purchased the contents of a museum in Belgium and shipped the whole collection over here. A war geek's paradise!! They have an example of just about every type of German half track and truck that was ever built. It is still under construction so a lot of the exhibits are far from complete, but what they have on display is fantastic. tThey also have a cool car museum in the same building and they have a lot of unique items there too. I got to see the Fonz's motorcycle and the General Lee from Dukes of Hazard.

When I get the film developed I will attempt to send you some of the pictures now that I have a new computer with a scanner. It was great and I plan to go back because it will only get better as they get it more and more complete.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 08:08 AM UTC
You know, I've been by there several times in the last year of so, travelling between Detroit and Fort Wayne, and wondered whether it was worth stopping by. Now I know! Thanks for the info.

Tom