Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
when the world is out to get you.......
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 05:58 AM UTC
Don't remember the name of the movie, but there was a kid who was taking a class trip to Paris...got on the plane had a vision about it blowing up freaked and he and several others were taken off the plane. Plane blew up and rest of movie had all the characters get killed shortly after by really bizzare events. OK...my story...last week I went and bought books for my Paralegal studies and was floored when I was charged $360 for 4 books...looked them up on Amazon and found them all for a little over $140. Bring books back and get them online. So 4 days later notice that the refrigerator is acting up and everything thawing out...oh oh need a new refrig...but wait maybe just a defrosting. did that and lo and behold it worked...YEA Steve so OK dodged the money issue again....no 2 days later the picture tube in TV blows (9 years old) run tests and guess what.....it really is blown...in order to hook up and get the featuers I need I can't get by on el cheapo brand so I get a really great TV on sale (Sony Trinitron) but it still costs $300. So maral is...when the world wants a $300 payout it's gonna keep poking out at you until it gets it. Then again bad things happen in thees so maybe some good things will start happening
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
Final Destination is the movie title you seek...

Gunnie
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 06:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

my story...last week I went and bought books for my Paralegal studies and was floored when I was charged $360 for 4 books...looked them up on Amazon and found them all for a little over $140.

You've just become a victim of the global conspiracy by academic book stores. Wait until you try to sell them back and they give fifty dollars for the whole lot or they say..."We're sorry, but that course is changing books next semester and we won't be buying back that book."

Eventhough the book is brand new and they just started using it.

Best route, if you should choose to sell them, sell them on E-Bay

Steve
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 08:31 AM UTC
Jim, quit doing the Yoda speak. "Final Destination is the movie title you seek." You are really starting to scare me. In fact, your lack of faith is disturbing...

Shaun

/heading back to the basement/
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 08:19 AM UTC
Oh, I brought the books back to the bookstore an hour after I'ld bought them.. I ain't nobody's fool !!!!!!! Got them on line and only had one not get there in time for class....I went to the school library and checked out a previous edition to work with that first day, the book came in a couple of days later.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 08:34 AM UTC
Duder, your being in law school, do a report on the ultimate law- Murphy's! You just experienced it. :-)

Cuhail