_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
starting of a swedish subject!
BonsaiHawk
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC
Hi!

Continuing on a subject started about 1 year ago, this is suppose to be a Swedish apc called PBV302A. Unfortunatley I will have to use M113 tracks as I don´t have the patience to build tracklinks for myself. If anyone has any tricks for easy construction of tracklinks, please let me know.

Original:

My attempt to recreate:

Comment welcome
Sincerely
/Håkan Bengtsson
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Its already shaping up well Håkan. Pity Trumpeter wouldn´t release this as well ... maybe they´re just waiting until you get yourfinished . After seeing Benny Andersson´s version on IPMS Stockholm, I fell in love with this vehicle also. On Trumpeters art-work for Strv. 103 B, they have several of these in the background .. I wonder if this is a hint?? Looking forward to more updates.
Lycka till. Ingen festar plannerade for idag?

ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2005 - 08:16 AM UTC
Looks like a good start. Is that a M113 hull?

The one in your picture looks like it has M113 tracks on it.

I thought someone was making a resin kit of the PBV-302. A CV-90 would be nice from Trumpeter.

Paul

BonsaiHawk
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 09:40 PM UTC
Your right, It´s a M113 hull from Italeri. Made it longer and wider and built the body onto the modified hull.
Your right 2, It uses M113 tracks but only on the older models. All vehicles were modified to use a different track which I haven't found in a commercial vehicle.
My options are: Build It as an older vehicle and use the M113 track OR scratchbuild the new tracks. Seems like a tedious job to scratchbuild but it would be more fun to have the new track. Any ideas on how to make tracks?????

Sincerely
/Håkan
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 01:47 AM UTC
I'd be interested to know how you tackled the rounded front of the vehicle. I would like to build the PBV 301 and it's front is fairly complex as well.

To me, the track looks close to FV432 track so you could contact Accurate Armor for a set of track plus the sprocket. It would be resin link and length which would be the same as what you would have to do if you wanted to scratchbuild and duplicate. Do you want a picture of the FV432 track?

Paul
BonsaiHawk
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2005 - 04:49 AM UTC
The rounded front was made by filling from the inside with resin and sanding to the correct profile.

Thanks for the tip on the FV432 tracks. The look similar enough for me. Im gonna contact Derek to see if he'll sell me some.
 _GOTOTOP