Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
My boy is growing up
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 01:48 PM UTC
Hi all

My son was made Section leader of his army cadet force at school in the UK
I was unable to attend the disply at speech day but my dad was there( D-Day vet). They had to put an attack in to an enemy position he took orders group they allowed my dad to be there as he did it. Dad said he did really well made clear the objective,delagated and was concise and to the point.
Hes only 15 years old and he makes me very proud indeed, he wants to go to Sandhurst ..strange though my dad said the last time he was at an O group he was in a hole in the ground in Normandy, said as he watched his grandson do it he had to fight back the tears.
Knock em out Bradley.
Cheers Chris
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 02:13 PM UTC
Congratulations Chris, its always nice to see our kids grow and mature. I just wish you could have been there..do you have any pics of your boy..would love to see what he looks like???
Mary
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 02:45 PM UTC
Chris
Congratulations Chris and Bradley. Well done.
My number two daughter, ( I have four ) ,was in the Navy during the opening rounds of Enduring Freedom. Her missile destroyer fired one of the opening salvos. I was very proud of her and very worried.
They grow to fast.
Jerry
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Hi Mary and Jerry
Thanks for the reply and your comments iam having some photos sent over by my dad looking forward to seeing them and they will be over to the US on June 23 for 41/2 weeks cant wait, taking Brad to Washington there are some very important memorials that i want him to see and to "really understand".
Cheers Chris
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 03:42 AM UTC
Congrats Chris, I can't wait to see what my 4 kids do.lol I have a feeling that the older 2 girls will be Cheerleaders, but there's still hope.. I hope my boy and youngest daughter make their way to the cadet corps here in the US. I was in R.O.T.C in high school and loved every minute of it. Graduated as a Lieutenant Colonel, Public Relations Staff Officer. Wouldn't have traded any of it for the world.. WAY TO GO Chris's son!
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
Hi anne thanks for the kind words ..they grow up so very quick, Brad is a great young man very personable with a good head on his shoulders, i have explained to him when he said about making a career in the army that its a deadly business..and no game .
He said to me not so long ago Dad if i join the army i will because i want to not because i have to, good answer for a 15 year old.
Cheers Chris