Shows and events in North America.
IPMS Nats Guest Speaker
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 04:56 PM UTC
Well, I have convinced my co-author, a 1-64 Armor tank commander and platoon sergeant, that modelers would appreciate his perspective of his experience in OIF1. The organizers of the show agree, and so it looks like Sgt Olson will be speaking about his experiences from crossing the border to the fall of Baghdad. Sgt Olson still has to work out the details, but it looks like the most likely day will be Saturday.

Anybody interested in OIF and/or armor should take the time to attend. Sgt Olson is a great guy, and although he does not model himself, he appreciates what we do. He has been a tanker for more than 15 years, so I would think one could ask him just about anything we modelers need to know about the subject. Besides OIF1, he was in Desert Storm, and in between those wars I believe he was stationed in Korea. Of course, he has done stints at the NTC. I can't swear it, but I believe part of his speech includes video taken from atop an Abrams turret during the thunder runs. I wanted to try and use some of the stills from the video in our book, but I sadly found that digital videos are shot in low resolution and so are no good for publishing photos.

I suppose the IPMS site will announce it as soon as the details are worked out.

Bob
 _GOTOTOP