Report of the Fort Knox Reenactment Show
Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 01:44 PM UTC
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to tell everyone that I just returned from a wonderful, and I do mean wonderful, reenactment show at Fort Knox Kentucky. I not only got to see the museum again but got to get up close and personal with the following RUNNING vehicles!

2 Shermans 1 with a 75mm and 1 with a 105mm

2 Hetzers

5 M5A1 Stuarts

2 SdKfz 10 Demags

1 converted OT-310? to a SdKfz 251/D

1 Open Blitz

2 75mm Pak 40's

1 50 mm Pak 38

Plus the reenactors. They were all wonderful and provided a wonderful show. But that's only part of it. I got to get nearly 150 pictures of the vehicles including interior shots of an M-10, Both Shermans and an M5A1 Stuart. Then came the best part. The reenactors from Texas invited me to sit inside their Hetzer! I got to sit in the loaders seat and take interior pics while asking questions of the owner! I even got to look through the gunsight, that was way cool!

I would highly recommend that if you can attend the show next Memorial Day weekend and "live" the history. It was truly a great time for me!...

Best Wishes All,

Walter

To all the veterans everywhere, Thank You! for everything...
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 03:38 PM UTC
Spent today there with the parents and my children. Only about a ½ mile walk for us, took a good couple of rolls of 35mm and about 30 digital camera shots.
 _GOTOTOP