Shows and events in North America.
New England Shows Season Crests
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2002 - 01:12 AM UTC
For all the New Enbland folks, the show season is cresting with IPMS Stratford's Modelfest in Milford CT on Sunday 13 October. The following Sunday, IPMS Granite State is doing their annual Granitecon in Nashua NH. The folks in Poughkeepsie have their show slated for Saturday 26 October. IPMS Bay Colony is presenting their 20th or 21st Baycon on Sunday 3 November in South Attleboro MA. My group, IPMS Wings & Wheels will be doing our annual Out of Box Contest (and club display) at the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks Sunday 10 November. The best part of this is you $1 model registration gets you into the museum for the day. While I won't be at Poughkeepsie (other plans), I will be at the others and hope to meet any of you folks there.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2002 - 06:52 AM UTC
Attended the show (my first) at Bradley Air Museum. Having spent a lot of time recently looking at pictures of modified models and dioramas, the OOB kits looked slightly out of context. They also seemed smaller than I remembered (not having been up close to an assembled kit in over 20 years). The quality of assembled kits was impressive. How do you feel the show went?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Attended the show (my first) at Bradley Air Museum. Having spent a lot of time recently looking at pictures of modified models and dioramas, the OOB kits looked slightly out of context. They also seemed smaller than I remembered (not having been up close to an assembled kit in over 20 years). The quality of assembled kits was impressive. How do you feel the show went?

Turnout was about what we normally get. We like to keep this one small and simple. THe spring contest gets the heavy work. I judged all but figures, where I was entered, and we had a hard time narrowing things down to the top three in each, except maybe for miscellaneous.
You should have stopped by and said hello.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:20 AM UTC
I will keep an eye on this site for your spring show date. I should have a little more recent experience by then along with questions, problems and concerns. I have found a couple of hobby shops in Hartford area. Any recommendations in your area?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:38 AM UTC
You must know of War In Pieces in West Hartford. Knights Hobbies is up in South Windsor but I don't remember the exit number. Crafted is next up the road in East Windsor on rte. 140, east of I-91. Air, Land and Sea, Hobby corner of Agawam are next, and the one closest to me is Pioneer Valley Hobbies in West Springfield. I hit this most since it's under two miles away. Farther afield, past Worcesster in Spare Time Shop in Marlboro MA. I got a card from some new shop in West Haven, but can't find it now. They were at the Milford show.
 _GOTOTOP