_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Seeking Major Chuck Davenport
MajorBob
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:53 AM UTC
Sorry to bother you good folks here, but I figured that this community might be able to assist me in finding my old Air Force Buddy, Major Charles (Chuck) Davenport. We served together in Korea. If anyone has any info to provide or wished to pass my info to Chuck, many thanks.

Regards,

Major Robert (Bob) Niccum, USAF RET
[email protected]
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 10:44 AM UTC
I copied and pasted your post over on the IPMS/USA Forum, with your Email address.

Hopefully you'll hear from him, if it's the same Chuck Davenport.
MajorBob
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 12:28 AM UTC
Many thanks for your kind assistance. There is only ONE Chuck Daveport, to those who know him. He is one of a kind and most likely the one such name heavily involved in modelling. By the way, I was able to witness one of his exploits in Korea wherein he fooled a group of senior American and Korean officers with a picture during a briefing where he showed a North Korean Badger bomber with an AS-4 missile (I think it was in flight). It caused a considerable furor at the time because the North Koreans were not believed to have any AS-4 missiles at that time. I thought Chuck was going to be fired, but somehow he ended up with greater admiration and respect out of the whole fiasco. Typical Chuck.

Thanks again.

Bob
 _GOTOTOP