_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello
Shawry
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 09:49 PM UTC
Hello

Being a newbie here I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have been watching in awe the high standards of model making and noticed how friendly the community is. I had a childhood fascination of military vehicles a built models up to the age of 16. Now as a 40yr old Dad with 2 girls I find the barbie doll does not have the same fascination. So in my spare time have rekindled a passion to build some AFV's - I have built 3 Tamiya kits so far with a bren carrier in progress. I think I am getting better and trying new techniques as I go. But most of all I am enjoying it !! I hope to post some pics - shortly and hope you won't slam my build too much? any advise and constructive criticism will be taken on board. Thanks Shawry
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:24 PM UTC
H there Shawry

Glad you joined up for a tour of duty with us. I have a bren gun carrier that needs some building soon. Maybe your pics will help me pull it off the shelf. Post them when you can and enjoy the site.

HastyP
BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:13 PM UTC
Welcome, come on in and sit a spell. It's a great site, you'll enjoy yourself. Help is always delivered in the best ways and we all learn from each other. Lookin forward to seeing some of your builds. Always remember to have fun "It's a HOBBY" Steve
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
Welcome to the big A Shawry. Everyone here is friendly and helpful and people will teach you new and different techniques.

Quoted Text

Now as a 40yr old Dad with 2 girls I find the barbie doll does not have the same fascination.

I have 3 girls with more barbies then you can throw a stick at, so i feel your pain there :-) :-)
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:46 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Shawry. I hope to see some of your work soon.
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 389 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi Shawry,
Welcome to the family. Hope to see your AFV's.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 12:36 AM UTC
Welcome to the site... I'm fairly new at the hobby myself as i've only been building for about 3 years and I will tell you this site and the people here have done more to improve my skills than all the other sites I went to and all the books I read...

I cannot remember when anyone got "slammed" on here for showing pictures of their work... the people here understand that different people work at different skill levels and therefore treat each persons work on their own merits..

Also for the most part on here constructive criticism is just that constructive and instructive.........not destructive....

and anytime you need help just ask. some one on here has been there done that and will be able to offer advice.......

hope you enjoy the communitiy as much as I do.

fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 01:24 AM UTC
Welcome to the Madhouse! why do I say this , well it is one of the few model based sites where people say what they believe but do it in a ay that builds up not pulls down -so we all must be certifiable
Not really great to have you aboard
Ian
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hi Shawry
Welcome to Armorama.

Quoted Text

Also for the most part on here constructive criticism is just that constructive and instructive.........not destructive....

and anytime you need help just ask. some one on here has been there done that and will be able to offer advice.......

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Delbert.

Will be looking forward to see your work Shawry
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:14 AM UTC
Welcome to the big "A" Shawry.
Don't be afraid to put your pics on this sight. I have and all I've gotten is positive feed back on how to improve things.
I'll see your 2 daughters and raise you 4 daughters and 5 grandkids. 5 at last count anyway . Oh yhea did I mention I'm the big 50 . But don't tell anyone ok.
Enjoy your time here, I know I have
Jerry
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
Welcome Shawry! Hope you like it here and post some of your work as soon as you can!

Vinnie
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 746 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 12:16 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Shawry! I am new here as well and from what I have read and seen you are in some seriously Safe hands

Redleg
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:37 PM UTC
Glad u joined my friend. U ll have good time in here!!!!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 08:37 PM UTC
Welcome to the Big A Shawry,

looking at the photos in your gallery, i can say there not much to comments or (slamS??) They're good. IF you want some constuctive comments then u may post them on Critics' Corner or Rivet Review forum where u can get what u need in more detail explanation. Please also see some campaign profile and do join any of them. They're fun !
once again, welcome to the Big A Family

_GOTOTOP