_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
So, I'm in the market for a photshop program
generalrazo
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
but was amazed at all of the different versions. I was just wondering what all of you use for your general needs. What I really want to do is superimpose one of my models onto a backround image and need a sort of "smart crop" feature that will follow the outline of the model with ease. Any suggestions as to what I should purchase?

TIA,
Eddie
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

but was amazed at all of the different versions. I was just wondering what all of you use for your general needs. What I really want to do is superimpose one of my models onto a backround image and need a sort of "smart crop" feature that will follow the outline of the model with ease. Any suggestions as to what I should purchase?

TIA,
Eddie

Hi Eddie,
Adobe photoshop is expensive but so far it is the best photo editing software that i have used.
You can use the pen tool to crop any image by following the outline. I have wrote some article on image cropping somewhere in some computer forum in the internet about a year ago. The site is in Malay but i was unable to trace the thread. It has some grapical photos of the required tools to crop some complex images.

BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:52 PM UTC
In PS you can also use the "magic wand" tool to outline what you want to crop..its easy if your backround is alot lighter than the model. You can also use blur tools for motion. I use it at work all day, any questions pm me Steve
nzgunnie
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 371 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 02:34 PM UTC
I use photoshop, I have 7 at home and CS at work. Ca't be beaten really, although it is expensive and not very easy to get started with. Once you have the basics sorted it should come fairly easily though.
generalrazo
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 03:31 PM UTC
Thanks Phil...I think I will be purchasing V 6.0 but if 7 is not that much more I'll just spring for that. I'm shopping Ebay.

Thanks again,
Eddie
nzgunnie
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 371 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 09:21 PM UTC
Go for 7, no point in short changing yourself with an older version.
generalrazo
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC
Thanks for the recommendation...I bid on a copy of 7.0 today...Now I can't wait to start editing...

Thanks to all that have replied...it was very helpful and much appreciated
Rigger
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 07:04 PM UTC
Hello all , Look into Photoshop Elements , its like nofrills Photoshop. Its made by the same people Adobe. Its onder $100

Latter Rigger
 _GOTOTOP