_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
KitInfo??? Any Good
Armour66
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 02:26 PM UTC
I was wondering if this "KitInfo" program is any good. It looks like a really cool way to organize your inventory. Does this program work with XP. Does anyone know of a good program that does the same thing that works with XP??

Any help is appreciated.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 02:49 PM UTC
I don't know about Kitinfo, but I posted a link to a downloadable program that is free and is based on MS Office Access, which will work with XP, even if you don't carry the complete office suite. Do a forum search using my username, "sabot" and search for "kit database" or something along those lines. It's the perfect price, free.
Armour66
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 03:53 PM UTC
Thanks Rob, I'll check it out.
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 03:58 PM UTC
I downloaded the program Rob talks about after he highlighted the link to it. I have to say, it does everything I need, and I only had to "tweek" the program a little to customize it to exactly what I wanted. Do the search, download the program, and give it a look. Free is a very good thing. I think you'll like it.

Mike

Armour66
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know about Kitinfo, but I posted a link to a downloadable program that is free and is based on MS Office Access, which will work with XP, even if you don't carry the complete office suite. Do a forum search using my username, "sabot" and search for "kit database" or something along those lines. It's the perfect price, free.

I went to the site and dwnlded the program, but I do not have any trace of MS Office Access on my computer. When I tried to open and install I kept getting @#&$%*! error messages.

Oh Well...Thanks anyway Rob.
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2002 - 11:32 AM UTC
Thanks Rob,

I've wanted to tinker with something like that but I'm to cheap to pay the piper, but how can you beat free!!

Coop
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
Glad to be of help. I was able to run the program before I had Access, but I did have MS Office installed.

OK, who ordered the Code Red?!

(never mind, just watching A Few Good Men on TBS)
 _GOTOTOP