Post your general item needs here.
ISO Gunze Sanyo Evangelion paint sets
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 07:18 AM UTC
Anyone know of a source other than ebay for the Gunze Evangelion paint sets for the purple 01 suit?

i've got the purples from HLJ, and I am so bad at mixing paints that I can't even get close to the green and orange used that continuing to try is an exercise in frustration.

thanks,
Mike
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 07:33 AM UTC
Have you tried Rainbow-10 ?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you tried Rainbow-10 ?

yup, they have
0051910151549,GSI Creos,,600yen,CS109 EVANGELION COLOR 'Rei Ayanami' Ver.2
0051910151550,GSI Creos,,600yen,CS110 EVANGELION COLOR 'Soryu Aska Rangly' Ver.2

but not the color set for Eva 01, the purple set.

Thanks for the thought though.

Mike
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 09:20 AM UTC
I tried Ebay - no luck (read where you stated "other than Ebay") I had to look, though. Great Models carries Gunze Sangyo paints, however, I did not see any Evangelion paint sets, only Gundam. I take it these colors are specific to Evangelion and wouldn't be available under a different stock # ?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I tried Ebay - no luck (read where you stated "other than Ebay") I had to look, though. Great Models carries Gunze Sangyo paints, however, I did not see any Evangelion paint sets, only Gundam. I take it these colors are specific to Evangelion and wouldn't be available under a different stock # ?

Yes, they are dedicated colors. The Evangelion color scheme is pretty funky, I wonder what the designers were smoking while they did the colors chemes. But then again, considering how the series ended, it must have been some good stuff!~| |)

They are Gunze paints, acryllic, but boxed with the brand name. The box says GSI Creos in larger print and then Gunze Sanyo in smaller print.

They are in differnetly shaped bottles than the standard Gunze paints. Thinner, taller and with a thin white cap.

I did not try GSI Creos on ebay, I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Mike
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC
You could try looking through HLJ at the Gundam paints. For most, they show the three colors...look through those for a close match and possible some white (or other appropriate color) to lighten, or darken, it. Though if you do that, try to get the Gundam paints, I think that Gunze adds a leveler to the paint that is not present in their other paints. Not sure how Gundam paints would mix with others.

:-)
 _GOTOTOP