Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Ever just had one of those days???
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:09 AM UTC
Ever just had one of those days???

Today has got to be the worst day in my academic history... I'm finishing off my bachelor's degree part-time and have only 2 exams to go. The 1st of which was today.... I arrived at the exam venue, somewhat apprehensive as I wasn't sure if I'd given the material "sufficient attention"... When I went to check which exam room I would be in, I went dead cold... The venue list showed the wrong subject code!!! Or rather.... I had misread my exam timetable... and prepared for THE WRONG EXAM!!!!!! So I didn't bother writing, as I haven't prepared at all for that particular course... now my degree is set out by ANOTHER 6 months... I'm sooooo fed up with myself... been kicking myself all afternoon...

And now, just to top it off this afternoon, I received an email from Andreas Miniatures, telling me to arrange for payment for "the painted figure I ordered". At first I thought this was advertising of some sort, so I replied and enquired to that regard... On reply, according to their system, I ordered a handpainted Zombie Pirate!!!! Yeah right!!!
At the moment I'm not even sure if my Templar and Knight Hospitaller are on the way from them... The payment sure came off quick enough though... once they figured out how to process my credit card... but that's another story...

At least tomorrow's Friday...
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:25 AM UTC
Friday the 13th was LAST week!
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:06 AM UTC
To tell you the truth ive been having a great week so far!

Worst day of my life is probably coming up when hte report cards are comming out! :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:03 PM UTC
I know exactly how you feel Rudi, I have been having quite a few of those days lately.... Nothing that a cold beer wouldn't fix.. . Well, just a few to take the edge off, not enough to make things worse.. :-).
Just think that you have an extra six months to prepare for your exam, so you needn't be so apprehensive next time.. Six months is a long time now, but not in 12 months time..

Incompetent shops, it's like dealing with bus passengers, impossible.. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Good luck with your studies, and let's hope your models arrive o.k. ( so that's your secret, you buy them ready painted... #:-) )

Cheers
Henk
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 06:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

so that's your secret, you buy them ready painted...

Busted!!! LOL

Thanks for the words of support fellas... That's why THIS site's community is the BEST!

Henk... that's what I figured... extra 6 months to prepare for the exam... maybe I'm meant to ace it...
It's just frustrating as I've been at the degree on and off for 10 years now, and I've made alot of sacrifices over the last 2 in particular to get it done...

Oh well... such is life... hakuna ma tata...
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 02:31 AM UTC
I went to take a final at Purdue years. I showed up and I was the only one there. I assumed I was two hours late, damned my luck and poor time managenment skills and left. Of course, I failed the class.. Turns out I was two hours early...

Shaun