_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Am I allowed to sell here?
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:03 PM UTC
Hi folks,

I was just wondering - I have a few reproduction German officer caps that I'd like to sell, and am wondering if I can sell them here? If not, no problems, and my apologies. If anybody wants, they can also email / PM me directly for pis/info.

Thanks all
Alan
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:22 PM UTC
Yes, you can. What kind of repro caps are they? If they are SS you might have a buyer...
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:54 PM UTC
Hello Tsunamibomb,

Well, I've got Werhmacht and SS peak caps:

1) Black Allgemeine SS Officer cap - silver cap cords, metal eagle, metal skull, white piping

2) Dark Blue SS Officer cap - silver cap cords, white piping, metal eagle & skull..this is supposed to be a repro of a rare variant of the SS officer caps

3) Field Gray Werhmacht & SS caps - silver cap cords, metal eagle & skull (for SS) and hih quality emroided cockade (for Wehrmacht), white piping

4) Field Gray Panzer Officer cap - pink piping, silver cords, metal eagle, embtroided cockade

5) Field Gray Wehrmact General's cap - Gold piping, gold metal eagle, gold embroided cockade, gold cap cords

Anyone is welcome to email me for pics/further details

Thanks all
Alan

PS I'm selling here, as eBay is mighty strict on such items now ( I got suspended for 2 mths!) Sigh...
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:44 PM UTC
Interesting. How much are they priced at?

Anyone knows where to get a nice Nazi Flag replica?

floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:33 PM UTC
Hello Ike,

Well it would depend on which hat, how many..Anyway, email / PM me on which hat you're interested in

Cheers
Alan
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:47 PM UTC
Hi floogen,

i've pm you already.

Hope to hear from you soon
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:12 PM UTC
Ike,
Yup , got it and have already replied

Tsunamibomb, you can also pm/email me for further info

Thanks!
Alan
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:19 PM UTC
Well,
Algemina SS isnt my unit, and thats (no offense) pretty bad to wear in the US without people getting suspicious. Also, I dont know how good these repros are? How much are you selling them for? Is it possible for you to post pictures of them?
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Algemina SS isnt my unit, and thats (no offense) pretty bad to wear in the US without people getting suspicious

Funny that, now that you mention it, the people in Europe don't seem to like those SS memorabilia either...

Quoted Text

The same shop that sells 'nice' Rising Sun flags perhaps... Whilst you're browsing, maybe some Zyclon B cannisters?...

Sorry, I know that something might have gotten lost in translation, but a " nice Nazi flag"??

TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:09 PM UTC
henk, exactly what i was thinking, just didnt know how to put it in words nicely, just have to say "well done". btw, i knew about the situation in europe, anything that has to do with anything about the SS or anything like that is illegal. I already get alot of stuff for being in the 1st-SS. Much less algemine!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:13 PM UTC
Alan,

count me in. Can we meet somwhere.. takde satu free ka tauke??
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Algemina SS isnt my unit, and thats (no offense) pretty bad to wear in the US without people getting suspicious. Also, I dont know how good these repros are? How much are you selling them for? Is it possible for you to post pictures of them?

No offence taken, and I truly apologize if I caused any problems with anyone with the black hat. The hats are of good quality, and cheaper than what you can find at those websites that sell such stuff , and I can send pics of them to you (Pls give me an email I can send them to), instead of clogging up webspace here

Quoted Text

Funny that, now that you mention it, the people in Europe don't seem to like those SS memorabilia either...

Henk, whoaa...I'll say again, I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone with me trying to sell the black hat ..Maybe Umustb chose the wrong choice of words?

Anyways, peace to all, and may the Force be with you all! LOL...I'm in a Star Wars mood right now

Cheers
Alan
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:09 PM UTC
Floogen,

Sorry if you misunderstood me. Im not offended at all lol. Im an SS reenactor, im pretty much used to people thinking im a neo-nazi. But no im not, and i dont agree with any of the polotics the germans had. But well keep it at that and no posts talking about polotics please! But just in case, Algemine was some of the worst SS. If you try to sell this on ebay, youll probobly get some real neo-nazi fanatics tryin to buy it off you. Just watch out. Well good luck selling the hats. BTW to anyone that has an interest in the Algemine and is not a neo-nazi. Please no harm was meant to you! :-)
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:47 PM UTC
Tsunamibomb,

Hehe...does this mean you're still interested in my other hats, then? :-) :-)
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oops.. the meaning of nice in the previous post of mine meant to be of quality wise. Nice quality

No offence to anyone
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:25 PM UTC
Ola Guys

Harrison I think there is a part missing in the translation of the word "Allgemeine" Which is translated by you as "Algemina". I checked my refs and found only Allgemeine SS. No special Divisions or Units with that name. I checked on Google for Algemine and only came up with a handfull of hits (only 5 of which 2 were from the same history forum.) And I think Algemine is a translation error. "Allgemeine" is German for "Regular" and then it makes a difference as inside the SS you had 2 branches the "Waffen SS" and the "Allgemeine SS" or basically always named as simply "SS"
So Basically when Floogen is referring to an Allgemeine SS cap he probably means the standard Black officers cap worn by a lot of officers.
Now another myth that people are willing to believe and even worse... spread is that the SS was a group of good soldiers of which only certain units were really bad guys.. Well the trueth is that about 90% of the SS was full of complete fanatical Idiots and most of the crimes and mass murders was done by this branche of the German Amry in the Second World War. Lidice is a very good Example or the Massacre at Malmedy. And there can be numerous other examples be named of which the SS regardless which branch be it Waffen SS or Regular SS can be pointed as the Guilty party.

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 02:47 AM UTC
Please do not draw this topic into a political discussion. If you wish to discuss the merits of the items being sold, please do it via e-mail or private message. I would also suggest sending photos of the items via e-mail so as not too offend anyone.

I think we can agree that this forum is not intended to be, nor do we want it to develop into a place where non-modeling folks market controversial items.
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 03:37 AM UTC
Thanks Sabot

Thant's why I asked for permission 1st and did not put any pics up

OK, any interested parties pls email me or PM me directly , thanks!

Cheers
Alan
 _GOTOTOP