Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
New tatoo tonight
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:25 AM UTC
Will get me another tatoo tonight. This time on my left arm. It's gonna spell SPQR. Yup. Mark of the legionnaire.

You thought I was getting Armorama written.

I've got a black sun with a maltese cross on my right arm now. I got it 4-5 years ago.

I'm also thinking of having the little lady's name in Hindi script around my bicep area. It's just too long and painful when you get to that underside of your arm.

husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:13 AM UTC
Ciao Mondo,
I have two myself. I have a teddy bear on my hip with my wife and children's names under it. It hurt and tickled at the same time. Got it while inport in Northern Italy (can't remember the city right now.)
Ciao for now
Rob
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:28 AM UTC
Cum'on - where's the photo???
Body art - gotta love it and respect it for the pain you go through.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's just too long and painful when you get to that underside of your arm.

Yep, got that done. Had my beloveds name inked. The wrist and the inside of the elbow are painful, the middle bit is tolerable.
Good luck for tonight, i will grit my teeth for you :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:41 AM UTC
Didn't we do a tattoo thread once before......
I know I'm senile and all......
I would be happy to post photos of mine.... since they are all original art drawings on me by hand, then inked. (AND NONE ARE JAILHOUSE!!!!) But I'm afraid I can't post the one on my butt.... Staff Jim would have a heart attack.......but it's an old Navy one.......
twin screws...... 40 knots no smoke....... :-) :-) :-)

I am rolling on the floor over the teddy bear hip one though......
not the wife and kids names.... just the teddy bear...... :-) :-) :-) Maybe we'll start calling Rob--- teddybear hips..... :-) :-) :-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:47 AM UTC
I've got a winged skull wearing a helmet and goggles on my right upper arm, with the legend "Ride to live, Live to ride" and my wife's name "Chrissie" under it. A relic of my biker days!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:03 AM UTC
All right Mondo I wish I had the room. I could'nt tell you how many I have, my arms are sleeved from top to bottom. Have about two dozon through out the rest of my body, Butt :-) :-) :-) nothing like Grumpy.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:33 AM UTC
Ciao everyone,
Okay, a teddy bear is not exactly a "tough" tattoo, but I'm not a tough guy. Besides, I was on the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (CVN 71) at the time, and Theodore Roosevelt was the namesake of the teddy bear because of his conservation efforts. One day, the ship went DIW (Navy guys know what that is.....) and we couldn't do anything, but either nap in the dark or read books under the battle laterns. I was inspired to draw a teddy bear and put my babies names under it.
The other tattoo is of the yellow rose of Texas (where I am originally from.)
Pictures? Some things are too sacred.
Ciao for now
Rob
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
entire network: 1,208 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:54 AM UTC
Hey guys!
I have one on my right arm, just don't laugh, it's a lincoln logo, picked up idea for it from a "Crash" movie.I got it for my 18th birthday some time ago. Just cant wait to get me some more

Cheers
Pedro
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:59 AM UTC
i have six of them, my wife has six of them and so does my daughter. I bought my wife a new tattoo for mother day beat roses, candy.
1 large dragon left fore arm
2 Small dragons left fore arm
1 two hearts joined together left shoulder
1 yellow rose on a Texas state flag right shoulder
1 A lady's face with a single blood red tear and the words"Freedom is not free" left shoulder.

Cause a stir due to the three dragons are visble when wearing short sleeve shirts. I work for a city government. They have no rules on visble tattoos. Drives my management nut cause they can not do anything about it.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:36 PM UTC
Got a few myself.. A small yin yang on my chest, left side and two duelling samurai on my right shoulder

Been looking for another.. It will be eastern in flavor as well... im thinking some japanese kanji... Anyone know of any sites where I can grab some??

Dave
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got a few myself.. A small yin yang on my chest, left side and two duelling samurai on my right shoulder

Been looking for another.. It will be eastern in flavor as well... im thinking some japanese kanji... Anyone know of any sites where I can grab some??

Dave

I've got a t-shirt written with Kanji scripts written all over. I don't know what it says though.

Will post a pic of my tat as soon as comfortable.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:00 PM UTC
OK.... tomorrow, I'll bring my camera to my meeting and have someone snap some photos of mine. ...... :-)
Gee.... I feel naked next to mother..... only got 4 on the arms, and yes one is a little fish...... the others are dragons, one a seven headed one, I got for my ex-wife.
Noone can see the sissy one on my chest..... (ex-girl-friends kids names...... don't recommend that to anyone..... but will probably be covered up soon with.... yep another dragon.... ) :-) :-) :-)

Just remember.... I'm an old man .... and the canvas isn't as tight as it use to be........ rolling on floor :-) :-) :-)
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:47 PM UTC
Years ago I practiced martial arts with a guy who had big scars on his behind, from a tattoo that was surgically removed. Once when he was young and wild, he got a man with a shovel tattooed on each buttcheek. Both men where shoveling coal into you know what. He had them revomed when he met his wife. I wonder why.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:56 PM UTC
I wish I had a tatoo. Probably a Gothic design or a tribal design on the top of my breast, on my tummy, on my back, or just above my butt.

Problem is, I don't have a high tolerance for pain. Also, having a tatoo won't let me donate blood for a year or so. I'll never know but my blood may be useful to save another one's life.

The only tatooes I had were rub-ons that I place on the more "seductive" parts of my body.

Angela
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wish I had a tatoo. ..........................................................................................................................
The only tatooes I had were rub-ons that I place on the more "seductive" parts of my body.

Angela

nice.

I also wanted to tatoo some "seductive" part of my body but nobody thought it was seductive to begin with.

Manang, remember that our Visayan forefathers where tatooed from the neck on down as a sign of authority, manhood or status. You might want to research on that.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:47 AM UTC
Nice samurai - great color and detail.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:53 AM UTC
I like the Samurai also.Haven't seen that before.Is that actual size? Have none myself,but like nice,welldone original tattoos.Closest I came to having them done was when I was thinking of covering up some HUGE hip replacement surgery scars.Was gonna do one as a map image of the Sacramento river,the other as the San Juaquin river so I could always say "My a** is always in the middle of the Delta"(we live there).SWMBO did not hesitate 1 nano second to negate that project :-)
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:47 AM UTC
My next set will bo the Right foreman three words of wisdon
DUTY
HONOR
COUNTRY
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 02:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the Samurai also.Haven't seen that before.Is that actual size? Have none myself,but like nice,welldone original tattoos.Closest I came to having them done was when I was thinking of covering up some HUGE hip replacement surgery scars.Was gonna do one as a map image of the Sacramento river,the other as the San Juaquin river so I could always say "My a** is always in the middle of the Delta"(we live there).SWMBO did not hesitate 1 nano second to negate that project :-)

That is pretty close to the actual size of my tat... took about three hours to do.. By he time it was over I was just about ready to stop the guy... *L* That is actually a reproduction of a picture from a martial arts mag.. I found that and the guy who did my tats said, no problem.. he traced it out and as you can see thats how it turned out... only cost me 60 bucks too..

Dave
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 04:57 PM UTC
My old tatoo. When it was still new and raw.

Since tattooing is not legal here in Saudi. Me and a friend tattooed each other using an improvised a gun with a small dynamo motor you find in toy race cars and a bunch of needles.