_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
RRMC's Calgary Show Major Success!
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 641 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 04:39 PM UTC
Well, just got in the door back home good ol Victoria, BC afte making the trek to RMMC's "little" display they putt on every year, and six of the VSM crew went along. My second time this year, filled with shopping, drinking, and more shopping. OH there was a contest too.OVER 530 entrants alone! Stiff comp. amonst the armour for sure this year (thank god I only do dios!)
IMHO those guys can put on a show, extremely well organised, barely any hiccups. We even brought out a piece for a fellow VSMer who couldn't make it out, and believe it or not, there were people asking he was there! An awesome awesome show. Models of every kind, and this year automotive doubled in entrants, it was a little non existant last year, but they came back in force!
VSM did VERY well (toot toot) :-) I scored a silver for my former Models on Display, my Linking Up dio. The judges must have spent at least 5 or 6 minutes going over it! Got a silver for my "retired from cometeing" Dale Earnhard NASCAR kit, and a bronze for my new Tamiya Xanavi Nismo GRT /03 Skyline Race Car. I am going to bed, I'll post a litle more tomorrw, unless someone who was there can carry the torck...LOL
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 03:03 AM UTC
Sounds like a great show.Maybe I'll be able to make it next year.
Cheers
Jim
 _GOTOTOP