Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
went to Nascar Funai 250
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 11:43 AM UTC
Went to the Funai 250 Nascar race friday night, I had a blast, those cars sound like a heard of hornets when they're going down that straight away! Never been into Nascar too much but its fun watching the race, got a lot of pics, even a few crashes (no one was hurt to my knowledge)

anyone here go to Nascar races often?

-Shain
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hey Shain glad to hear you had a blast. I watched it on TV, that was a great finish. Watching the big boys right now. Go Jeff #24

I used to go all the time, Pocono, Bristal, Lowes and Watkins Glen. Have'nt gone to any of the races the last 5 years

I'll tell you the best one to see live is the All-Star Challenge at Lowes Motor Speedway, next weekend
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:54 PM UTC
your boy Jeff almost crashed during qualifying!!!! I'm a Tony Stewart fan myself, and the Marines team racing (ooh rah!) Stewart had the qualifying for a while, until Kasey Kahne knocked him out, followed by a few others. I'd like to go to Taladega, that place is huge! Missed the race today, to busy with other stuff, I'll find out how it goes though.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd like to go to Taladega

I've been on the safety crew at Talladega since '87. Have worked some huge wrecks, but have seen some unbelievable races. If you love NASCAR, you have to come to Talladega.

Patrick
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 05:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been on the safety crew at Talladega since '87. Have worked some huge wrecks, but have seen some unbelievable races. If you love NASCAR, you have to come to Talladega.

Patrick

thats got to be a rush!If I ever get a chance to go there, theres got to be something pretty major to stop me
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 10:35 PM UTC
Hey Shain, It was a great race. Carl Edwards is the real deal. We hit several races each year. Las vegas in March( Busch and Cup), Michigan In June(Trucks and Cup) ,Chicagoland in July( Busch and Cup)and the Brickyard In Indy( Cup). Tons of Fun.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Shain, It was a great race. Carl Edwards is the real deal. We hit several races each year. Las vegas in March( Busch and Cup), Michigan In June(Trucks and Cup) ,Chicagoland in July( Busch and Cup)and the Brickyard In Indy( Cup). Tons of Fun.

Man, too bad I missed it! Wow you guys travel around for those races, can't say I blame you! the guys tailgating next to us came from Philedelphia to Richmond to see the race.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 04:07 AM UTC
I have to say I had never been much of a race fan. Bunch of guys driving around in a circle...
Then my old Drill Sergeant unit invited me to be part of the color guard at Texas Motor Speedway. We usually get hooked up with VIP passes, visit all of the trailers, eat tons of food, and even meet some of the drivers. I love it now-the noise, the excitement, and well, the women ain't too bad lookin' either. Last race (even though I''ve been out of the unit for over three years, I think was in September. Chevrolet invited us up into their box, where we had a great buffet. Miss Texas (whom they sponsor) was there, but I was more enamored with the gal who sang the National Anthem, and spent the whole race talking with her. Much more interesting believe it or not.