_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Is IPMS BAC on line?
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Hi,

I just noticed that IPMS-BAC is not on line and is being shut down for maintenance.

I understand that this is a general maintenance scheme done by Proboards.

But I was checking IPMS-Manila. Their site is on-line althought their Proboards number is just 2 shy away (proboards 34) from IPMS BAC (proboards 32)

Nothing against or pro the two clubs. Just curious about the maintenance thingy.

Angela
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:59 PM UTC
Actually Angela, it's a Fragile Boys conspiracy. Ever since 2-Bravo led the charge for the Modern Knights (aka Bakal Boys) into the 300 range, the Fragile Boys started launching a devious attack known now as "The Maintenance Mode." I'm telling you, once that site's back online, the Fragile Boys would have inflated their thread count by zillions - that's because they've been running the forum while under "The Maintenance Mode" scheme. But for all Bakal Boys, do not fret: a regiment of PzH2000s (all real, not 1:35 nor 1:72) will be targeting each Fragile Boy's abode and launch a DPICM or two and a couple salvos of HE-WP at their residence... :-)

GATONG MODE ON! hehehe

(C'mon fellas, let's have forum fun here since this one's online 48/14 hehehe)
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC
Ah okay. I hope you guys can fix it....

....or set aside differences. I mean, it doesn't really matter if one is an aircraft modeler and the other is a tank builder. I mean, we are all modelers and we model because we want to have fun, right?

Angela
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:29 PM UTC
[Foghorn Leghorn ] It's a joke son, a joke. [ /Foghorn Leghorn]
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 03:50 PM UTC
One or a combination of a few things:

1. It's not their turn to update the forum software yet
2. They opted not to update the software
3. IPMS-BAC's forum is much much bigger in terms of content so resynchronizing that content with the new software is taking longer.

Either way ayos lang. We still have a means to communicate
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:21 PM UTC
I'm setting up a new forum. You don't need the internet. It involves smoke signals and semaphore flags. Anyone interested? Build your own communications tower. :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 02:41 PM UTC
Good to see yah posting again Angela. Hehehe... we still have Armorama, so no worries... and about the Bakal boys vs the amazing flyboys, Flyboys rule no matter what :-) :-) :-)

-SEALS RULEZ! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
cbrain21
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 141 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 01:03 AM UTC
Angela,

Don't worry about the IPMS BAC forumboard being in maintenance mode. This was done voluntarily by our forumboard master csmeekai prior to the upgrades so that the board won't encounter much problems once it fires up again after the upgrade.

We opted to do this to give us (admins) enough time to be aware of the new version's features and be able to maximize the new board's capabilities for all the member's enjoyment. You don't want your forumboard admins to end up like the other's admins who don't even know how to lock a specific thread... do you? :-)

So, just as was bannered on the forumboard homepage, please be patient and bear with us for us to be able to serve you better.

regards,

cbrain
one of your demented BAC forumboard admins.
Warden_BAC
Visit this Community
entire network: 11 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:59 PM UTC
ei cbrain,

so when are coming back online?
cbrain21
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 141 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 04:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ei cbrain,

so when are coming back online?

Wish I can answer your question there warden, unfortunately i'm just one of csmeekai's uninformed forumboard slaves. Ehehe.

She's on vacation in Iloilo right now and I coincidentally had to go to ilocos for an emergency.... I believe our server has already been upgraded but so far i see no action yet by csmeekai with regards to firing up the board. There may be some scripts that still need to be fixed/added/removed but hopefully the boards will be up soon before you even know it.
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 160 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

I just noticed that IPMS-BAC is not on line and is being shut down for maintenance.

I understand that this is a general maintenance scheme done by Proboards.

But I was checking IPMS-Manila. Their site is on-line althought their Proboards number is just 2 shy away (proboards 34) from IPMS BAC (proboards 32)

Nothing against or pro the two clubs. Just curious about the maintenance thingy.

Angela

Hi there, Angela...

Their boards is indeed just 2 boards shy from ours, but we don't have the same settings.

Don't worry, the BAC boards will be back online soon. It's just that, the owner and the head honcho of the server who also does the actual upgrading of the trunks got sick over the weekend and has been out of reach until now.

As I have announced in the boards, the main ProBoards server has already been upgraded and the thing that is happening right now is the cascading of the upgrade to all other servers in the system.

There are a lot of new features that the upgraded version carries.

As one of the demented administrators of the boards, I believe it is necessary that we study the new features and adjust the scripts and make sure that they are being read properly in the latest version of the host. It would also be easier for us to explain the how to's of the new system when someone asks about it in case the planned FAQ thread won't be able to answer the questions being asked.

For the meantime, I urge everyone to be patient and enjoy the armorama boards. This has been our home, too...

The BAC boards are gonna be up when the team is sure that everything is working fine without any bugs and the settings have been set properly.

Thank you very much for bearing with us.

CSMeekai
Demented Admin
BAC forumboards

buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually Angela, it's a Fragile Boys conspiracy. Ever since 2-Bravo led the charge for the Modern Knights (aka Bakal Boys) into the 300 range, the Fragile Boys started launching a devious attack known now as "The Maintenance Mode." I'm telling you, once that site's back online, the Fragile Boys would have inflated their thread count by zillions - that's because they've been running the forum while under "The Maintenance Mode" scheme. But for all Bakal Boys, do not fret: a regiment of PzH2000s (all real, not 1:35 nor 1:72) will be targeting each Fragile Boy's abode and launch a DPICM or two and a couple salvos of HE-WP at their residence... :-)

GATONG MODE ON! hehehe

(C'mon fellas, let's have forum fun here since this one's online 48/14 hehehe)

Ahahaha! This got my attention. Some Gatong is indeed in order.

Very good analysis, GI. Very good. It could very well have been a plot by the Flyboys. Operation "Endgame." Flyboys break the Bakal Boys' momentum just as the latter were about to cross the 300 parallel.

But then again, how sure are you that the SEALs didnt have a hand in this? :-)

Angela,

Dont worry about the Flyboys' and Bakal Boys' "skirmish." As already mentioned, its all just a fun and friendly competition between pure aircraft modelers and pure armor builders.

And then there are the SEALs --- modelers who build planes, armor, ships, and figures. SEALs make the rivalry happen.

SEALs are just too cool.

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But then again, how sure are you that the SEALs didnt have a hand in this? :-)

Because y'all been busy evading thems Eskimo hunters in Alaska... :-)

Quoted Text

As already mentioned, its all just a fun and friendly competition between pure aircraft modelers and pure armor builders.

Who said it was friendly, White Man? :-)

Quoted Text

SEALs are just too cool.

Their flesh makes good eating, the fat good for fuel, and the skin good for fur coats. :-)

Hmmmmmm.... New board features? Does it include launching greek fire and 155mm DPICM at posters? :-)
buck
Visit this Community
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:03 AM UTC
GI,

Ehehehe! Now you know there are a lot of closet SEALs in the forum boards. You just cant tell. Or, as the radio commercial goes: "you can never can tell."

:-)

greek fire and 155mm DPICM?

Im gonna say ... no. But it does have a cool marquee function. :-)

So tell me, why do smileys at the right side of the reply box stop moving once you click on one of them?

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 12:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

greek fire and 155mm DPICM?

Im gonna say ... no. But it does have a cool marquee function.

Aww.... I should've lowered my expectations. :-)

Quoted Text

So tell me, why do smileys at the right side of the reply box stop moving once you click on one of them?

The more tech-leaning guys would know, but my conjecture is that when you click on it, it suspends the icons' moment of life, bringing them to a coma. The only way to rescucitate them is to click on the refresh button of the browser. If not, you're liable for genocide. :-)
 _GOTOTOP