_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
LSSC
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 101 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:36 PM UTC
Something I started 5 years ago and never got finish, loose the motivation on the way.

as you can see, the LSSC is still very empty, can put in a lot more "Sampah", ammo can, water bottle, coke can etc.

The landscape is very empty, need to put pokok pisang, lalang, and more....

any more idea?

CK,
Got any pokok pisang to spare?

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:10 PM UTC
nice dio masterqq. the tension shows well in the dio layout & the figs' poses.

apart from adding the trees and shrubs, is the dio finished?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:19 PM UTC
masterqq,

cantik..good layout........

you may wish to add more rumput or lalang and a few batu2...
pokok pisang is a great ideas..and CK is the right guy to ask for

and maybe the boat need to be kotor a bit...hehe

put some sampah, paper, magazines, can, etc..etc

maybe to put some animals also...
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:35 AM UTC
Guys !
I've been away completing a project. Just finished and come up for air. Sorry couldn't get back to you, masterqq.

Yes, definitely needs foliage....no buts and I must go with the rest of the guys that CK is the best person for doing bananas......I mean banana trees . He 's the green thumb here and 'grows' the best trees ( and bananas ) this side of town.

Aaahhhh...CK, CK, CK.....how are you ? Haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope your hands can stop shaking for a while to do some commission work . My eyes habis lah ! Should spend more time fiddling with the foliage rather than just looking at them, uh CK ?

Patrick
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 05:52 PM UTC
Thanks Guys,

I think I gonna add another guy in the boat reaching out to grab the wounded.

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC
Sorry Gentlemen. Been in a modelling low period for almost 2 weeks now. Haven't touched anything as I've lost the "mood" temporarily. I guess it happens to all of us at some time.

Sorry Patrick I'm still stuck in this mood so that's why I've been away. You have to go easy on the eyes and I don't think looking or making foliage will help. Remember the websites we talk about, that might help (hehheh).

I'll second everybody that your layout Thomas is very good. I especially like the white foam around the hull. Thanks everyone for the kind words but I'm still pretty "green" as far as dios are concerned.

Pisang is pretty easy to make but your dio will do just as well if you put mainly grass. Remember in my article (Part #1) I used the wood varnish brush for grass. As for pisangs I'm currently still hunting for the ferns I used for the leaves. I can make some trunks for you though if you really need them (free of course) and you can add aluminium foil for leaves instead. You might have to wait a while if you need the trunks coz I have to get the "mood" back first. Coconut trees are also fairly easy to make although a bit time consuming.

Just a very tiny weeny nitpick though, Thomas. I think it could be the angle of the photo but in pic #1 it appears the MG guy on the LSSC has his sight trained on the guy carrying the wounded.

Its a very nicely planned dio with a good story to boot so it would be a waste if you didn't finish it. Let me know if you need help and an address if you need the trunks.
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 03:55 AM UTC
CK,

Thanks, I will take the offer for the banana trunks.. Time is not a problem, as this is an old project that was put on hold for so long, actually motivated to start again when I saw your jungle dio.

As you can see, the water is of minimal wave, due to inexperience to simulate water back then.

Quoted Text

MG guy on the LSSC has his sight trained on the guy carrying the wounded

Ahh, I was posting the MG guy taking position to cover the retreat, so as soon as every body onboard, he will start spraying the M60 to keep the Charlie’s head down.

The tentative title will be "let's get the hell outta here"
 _GOTOTOP