Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
my most recent "Aliens" dream - summarized
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:14 AM UTC
Saturday night's Alien dream started off as me being Sigourney Weaver (yet it was in third person) falling out of an air lock through space only to be smacked about repeatedly as I fell through trees because the world was turned on it's side. She…I…. finally began to slow my fall by using the trees much like a gymnast uses the high bars. Upon my landing (Earth somehow managed to turn upright). I found myself in the most dire, backwards -a**, hell-hole of a place - like a cross between the city of Mayberry and the movie "Deliverance". It was night so I decided to head for the nearest light.

Did I mention that I was no longer Sigourney Weaver?

OK , so I clear the forest and start heading up this hill where rests a 50's style brick ranch home - I now have a shotgun all of the sudden, which is good, since normally I am always unarmed in these Alien nightmares.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I constantly am in flux between 1st & 3rd person in my dreams - it is like a 1st person shooter where you have the option to change your view to 3rd person. Arggghhhh!

Anyway, this house is surrounded by derelict cars, appliances, and craters (craters? yeah, craters) oh and cats, dogs, & raccoons. I go up to the front door and knock and while swatting at the flies that are buzzing around the uncovered light above me - I can hear the TV & country music from within. "Jest a minit!" "I'm a comin', I'm a comin' " This large, smelly woman with her dingy, auburn hair in rollers opens the door. I slip past her scanning the foyer and peering around into her den - the floor seemed to have a life of it’s own as all her "critters" scurried about. I turned to look at her……. "ugh"…… ok I look in her general direction and explain why she needs to leave this town immediately citing the danger that lingered in the back of my mind about Aliens. I never really felt uneasy or scared until I saw one of those face-huggers scatter across the floor behind her. It was then decided that we had better check all her pets for signs of being "thinged" by a face hugger. (thinged = impregnated or whatever you want to call it). The woman just kind of stared at me like I was crazy and seemed, despite her appearance, void of any contact with a face hugger. She kept wheezing and muttering to herself as she tried to bend over and pick up cats to check them while ocassionally looking at me and saying "Whut? You cain't be serrous 'bout this! Alyuns?"

All this time I was pretty relaxed as I picked up what seemed to be 20 or so cats, dogs, & raccoons checking for signs when I saw a victim come walking in the den - a large fluffy black cat with a smushed face came slowly staggering in as if it were hung over from an all night cat-nip binge. The cat began to "wharf" and convulse - I screamed at the fat woman, "Get back! SEE?! SEE?! This is what I'm talking about!" I readied my shotgun "Doan killit! Puhlease, doan kill muh kitty!" screamed the fat woman. I told her that I wasn’t going to shoot the cat because I wanted her to see the horror for herself so maybe then she would leave the house. Instead of bursting through the poor cat's tummy, the Alien just fell out of the cat's mouth covered in partially digested Meow Mix and hair. I blasted the Alien, instantly pulverizing it, the cat food & hair with a spicy dose of lead were sent through the floor. The fat woman, still upset that I almost smoked one of her cats must have realized that she was in danger at last because she had taken off, bare foot out the front door and down the hill screaming obscenities. The next thing I know, my wife appeared from out of nowhere dressed up like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider - except she had pants on. We then both kind of turned and looked at each other like we knew what we had to (kinda like those Anime movies where we both go hmph! Or mmmhmmm!) The rest of the dream went into fast forward mode as we walked about town shooting face huggers and inbred rednecks that had been "thinged" - like an arcade game sort of as "points" would float up into the night sky for every monster we "wasted". I never saw an Alien though, probably because the "fast-forward” part of my dream probably lasted about 5 seconds in real time and then I woke up.

:-)
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:13 AM UTC
You smoke, or drink anything before you went to bed?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:18 AM UTC
nope! :-) I have an uncanny ability to remember alot of my dreams in vivid detail. I just had to get that out after reading about the Vampire scare. Aliens freak me out!
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I found myself in the most dire, backwards -a**, hell-hole of a place - like a cross between the city of Mayberry and the movie "Deliverance".
Anyway, this house is surrounded by derelict cars, appliances, and craters (craters? yeah, craters) oh and cats, dogs, & raccoons. I go up to the front door and knock and while swatting at the flies that are buzzing around the uncovered light above me -

:-)

Ok you almost had me there for a moment. Thought you were talking about the town were I live, except we don't have flies at night " the mosquitoes eat them ".
Well if you remember dreams like that maybe you should smoke or drink something before going to bed, :-) .Just a thought.
Great story though.
Jerry
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:36 AM UTC
You said this was your most recent alien dream.... you've had others before?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:37 AM UTC
hey zoomie50 - being from Louisiana you know what I mean about the "setting" :-) You know, I actually do have a friend who was raised in a house like the one described, less the craters on the hill, dogs, cats, & raccoons. It does have the derelict cars........and appliances.....oh well at least they're in the back yard, but still....
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You said this was your most recent alien dream.... you've had others before?

yep. :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:42 AM UTC
Either you have to stop smoking and drinking before bed... ot start smoking or drinking before bed. Your dreams are just too damn weird!
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
Alex
Yep living here in Louisiana, I am familiar with the surroundings you were talking about, . I'm originaly from Oklahoma, but sad to say I've seen that there to,lol.
Thanks for the chuckle.
My younger brother was clearing off some trees on his property here in Louisiana and he discovered an old Civil War cemetary, no one was even aware was there; of course you had to get past the swamp to find it.....
Jerry