Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Fear of Vampires
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 12:31 AM UTC
I have a real fear of vampires, not the comedy one on "Buffy" but the real ones on old Hammer films with Christopher Lee as Dracula. I still get the occasional nightmare about vampires chasing me.

Last week I went to bed early, I fell asleep only to be woken some time later by what sounded like something fluttering or scratching at the window. I opened one eye and looked round the room, no one there. Next there was a BANG! I sat up and there was still no one there. Then all of a sudden a figure emerged from behind the curtain!

IT WAS A VAMPIRE! IT HAD TO BE, there was no other explanation.

MY HEART WENT INTO OVERDRIVE and I jumped out of my skin!

It was only SWMBO, she had come to bed around midnight, realised the window was open and went to shut it. She had to reach up behing the blinds so ended up stepping behind the curtain to reach. The fluttering sound was the blinds rubbing on the glass and the bang was the window closing.

I mention this because yesterday we went to Whitby. Now one of it's claims to fame is that in the original book Dracula by Bram Stoker it is at Whitby that Dracula first sets foot in England. Obviously there are references to Dracula all over the town, and there is "The Dracula Experience" which is a thing where you walk round in the dark and there are life sized figures set up showing scenes from the book.

We went in to have a look, as it was dark and I was scared I made her go first. We were almost round the thing when A guy dressed in black and wearing a mask suddenly leaped out and screamed at us!

Luckily I had brown pants on as I was terrified for a second, until we realised it was one of the staff. I cannot believe that SWMBO laughed at me because my first instinct was to get behind her. She called me a coward and a big puff! Surely I can't help it if I have a phobia?
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
Hahahahahaha, :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sorry, but you've just brightened my otherwise dull day!!!!

Thanks! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Have you met Armorama's very own Vampire-ette? She goes by the name "Angela".... hehehe I'm sure she'll get me back for mentioning this.... LOL :-) (sorry Angie :-) )

Rudi
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 01:15 AM UTC
I am absolutely terrified of Aliens - not this kind , but the ones from the "Aliens" movies. As a matter of fact, I had 2 nightmares in a row Saturday night - the 2nd one being about Aliens. The ONLY "ooh scary" nightmares I have are about Aliens. :-)
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 01:51 AM UTC
Well, there are REAL vampires in this world.

I once saw a documentary about them. They are not those blood-sucking vampires like we see in the movies and they are called psychic vampires.

They draw our 'energies' instead of our blood.

So, the next time when you are near a person and you suddenly feel extremely tired, you might just be standing beside a vampire.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, there are REAL vampires in this world.

I once saw a documentary about them. They are not those blood-sucking vampires like we see in the movies and they are called psychic vampires.

They draw our 'energies' instead of our blood.

So, the next time when you are near a person and you suddenly feel extremely tired, you might just be standing beside a vampire.

Commonly known as a mother-in-law! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Commonly known as a mother-in-law!

How true! :-)
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 02:19 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Commonly known as a mother-in-law!

They do qualify as blood-suckers don't they :-) !!!!

Jerry
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 769 Posts
KitMaker Network: 219 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 07:56 AM UTC
I thought it was my teen age kids! They always seem to be sucking the life out of me (and my wallet) :-)

Jesse
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:04 AM UTC
-wait could my job be considered a Vampire?! :-) It surely sucks the life out of me regardless of how much I get paid.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Although I am a "pale" caucasian male, I am not really into the whole "Goth" scene. If I recall correctly - the thread you refer to was about Women. There are some very attractive girls/ women that I have seen that were "Goths".
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 08:53 AM UTC
I don't know why but when I was a kid the plastic model Phantom of the Opera, did me in. It both fascinated and terrified me. I couldn't go into a model section of a store, back when regular stores like supermarkets and drug stores carried models, without scanning it from a distance to see if they had that kit there. If they did, forget about it. My older brother, doing what comes best to most older brothers, used this to make my life a living Hell. He's always want to dress up as the Phantom every Halloween. We had a trap door in the closet of the room we shared as our bedroom that went under the house. One time he got a Phantom mask and waited under that door for me to go to bed. I tell you if I had a week heart, it would have all been over at a very early age for me.

All the typical Saturday afternoon matinée monsters, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Godzilla, didn't scare me in the slightest, in fact I laughed at them. But that lousy plastic model kit could scare me to death.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hahahahahaha, :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sorry, but you've just brightened my otherwise dull day!!!!

Thanks! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Have you met Armorama's very own Vampire-ette? She goes by the name "Angela".... hehehe I'm sure she'll get me back for mentioning this.... LOL :-) (sorry Angie :-) )

Rudi

Oh, oh, oh! You're telling them of my real identiy, Rudi.

I am a real vampire.

Hmm...vampires are in the "gray" area, which means they are not at all good nor are they all bad. But they sometimes resort to evil ways to get what they want....blood and power. If you are someone who has talent, skill, influence, etc., whom a vampire can use to her advantage, chances are she will meet you and convinces you (without you knowing it) to be embraced.

Most vampires are very sensual and seductive.

The legendary Dracula is a Tzimisce elder.

Angela
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 11:31 PM UTC
The pig at the window in the Amityville horror was what kept me awake

I'm also glad that the dead people I encounter through work have been that way for a long time....
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:58 AM UTC
Scared to Death of Vampires huh...How do you feel about WITCHES..hummmmm

Mary
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Scared to Death of Vampires huh...How do you feel about WITCHES..hummmmm

Witches don't bother me, every girlfriend I've ever had turned out to be an old witch after we broke up.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC
HAHAHAHAHAHA....that was a good one ...LOL...Great reply..

Mary :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC
Funny. All my ex-girlfriends must have been Vampires since they seemed to be bloodsuckers. At a minimum they were leeches.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know why but when I was a kid the plastic model Phantom of the Opera, did me in. It both fascinated and terrified me.

Hey Rodger!
I know what you mean. For me, it was the Creature From the Black Lagoon. The movie (as a kid...a long long way back) scared me to death!
Hey...it was back in the 60s! ( think the fact that it was in black and white might have added to affect)

It sort of put me off going down the road from our farm and fishing in the neighbor's pond!

Still a little spooked
Steve
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 09:19 AM UTC
Those mummy movies (not the newer Brendan Fraiser ones) freaked me.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 07:13 PM UTC
In one form or another, I have managed to collect ALL the early Universal horror movies. As to vampire movies....my favorites. I love John Carpenters Vampyres and From Dusk 'till Dawn. I've had a couple of Vampire nightmares. Woke up with my heart pounding and shallow breathing my brain saying over and over again "they're not real, they'er not real"
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...."they're not real, they'er not real"

That's what WE want you to believe!

Angela
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 08:22 PM UTC
This 'true' vampire tale worried me for a while when I first came across it.

http://www.harvestfields.ca/horror/001/139.htm

The thought of long fingernails being used to prise out the lead from the windows made me worry about any scratching I heard at night....

Of course it contains themes that go back at least as far as the Romans and the 'Satyricon' (though that story was about a werewolf). And at the (alleged) time of the story, the house actually had two storeys.....