Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Car experts help me!
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 12:35 PM UTC
Well on Saturday i washed my car at a Do it your self thing, Well everything was going well.... When i get Home i see lil drops of whatever ( I dont know ) i didnt care much since i did wash it and i thought it was jsut water, and i come back out about 2 hours later and they are gone ( Think there no problem? )
I looks closer and my protective coating on the car has lil splotches in em! ARG! It ate through the protective coating!
Is there anyway i can fix this at all?

Any car experts around here who could help me out?!
Ill probably have to take it in the shop and get it fixed, how much would it cost?
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 03:27 PM UTC
Hey Max...well from what I gathered is that you washed your car, and did not dry it or only dryed just so much. The beads of water left on the car heated up like a magnifier glass and burned into either the paint or in most cars today the clear coat.

Now with out looking at the damage myself it's hard to give you a good answer. But don't give up, take your car to a detailer and ask if it can be buffed out. Chances are that it will help.

I'm always telling the kids to wash,dry and wax the cars on the shady side of the house. Good luck tou you.
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 03:31 PM UTC
Yeah thats probably what happend. Its actually spreading so i probably will take it in tomorrow
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 03:44 PM UTC
Several years ago, I had the high end wash/wax done on my Integra. When I got home, it was all spoltchy. I chanced rubbing a towel over it and all the spplothches went away, With the new car, an S2000, it's home wash and wax all the time. (Of course, as smal as it is, it takes me about as much time to do this as it would to drive to the car wash and back.)