Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
CAREFULL! passing through!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:08 PM UTC
yup, today, may 2nd 2005 at around 3:40 i got my temporary licsence to drive moms car .

so if anyone's planning on comming to visit canada, just watch out for a goldish mazda protege.

so il pay for hte beers but wont be aloud to drink any lol

Frank
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:20 PM UTC
Congratulations Frank..Way to go..BTW..hope your parents insurance is paid up..LOL
Mary
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:21 PM UTC
Congrats. Remember this,

Speed not only Kills it cost a bloody fortune too.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:25 PM UTC
I'm glad the tunnel only goes to France.....

Congratulations, make the best of it, and remember...if it's bigger than you, let it go first..and dubbel check your mirrors for bikers

ohh to be 18 again..

Cheers
Henk
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:30 PM UTC
I say, to heck with watching out on the road! I'm staying off of the sidewalk! Welcome to the club, now I just have to get my car running. Let's see, a new engine, new muffler, paint job, etc.....You know what, how about we just carpool? I think it's only a couple hundred miles is all....Thanks for your time and congratulations!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 01:47 PM UTC
Man, MEBM, sounds to me like you ought just start over.

For the record, I will be 41 and I have never been in an accident and have never been pulled over by the police. That is probably due to the fact that my father was a fireman in the Air Force and an EMT for a long time and had to clean up after other people's mistakes.

Be careful out there,
Shaun
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 02:10 PM UTC
DESTROY THEM! DESTROY THEM!

Congratulations 3442.

Angela
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 03:05 PM UTC
Angela,

Remind me never to drive in the Phillipines. Remind me never to get off the sidewalk, for that matter...

:-) :-)
Shaun
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 04:52 PM UTC
Well................I like the way she thinks,for a little while!LOL! Frank,be cool with the car til probation is over,18?then you can stick a catapult or balista on the roof.No respect for Mazzzzzzzdas,ya know? :-) Cheers!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 06:31 PM UTC
Congrats on getting your temporary License to Kill! :-) :-) :-) :-)
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 08:13 PM UTC
Well, I have a violent personality. :-) :-)

Anyway, drive safely 3442. Be careful, watch the sides and......

KILL THEM ALL!! KILL THEM ALL!! NO MERCY!!

Angela
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 08:32 PM UTC
Remember, the sidewalks are for driving, NOT pedestrians, if they're on the sidewalk... they know the rules... they're fair game... doors are only on cars for side swiping cyclists!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Angie, you're really showing your mean streak here!!! :-) :-) :-)
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 08:42 PM UTC
Show no mercy; take no prisoners.
And besides if they didn't want to get hit they shouldn't be on the sidewalk. And as long as you don't come home with a cop stuck in the grill that's a good day on the road, :-)
Congrats
Jerry
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 10:20 AM UTC
iam saved, mom got my these angels to put in the car and one fro my key chain, there pretty cool. oen of them says : dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly lol

angie, il try not to kill anyone ,but i aint making any promeses lol.

ohhh, and iam taking the moment while ive got thousands of people on this side to jsut say, if you ever come to canada: stay away from hte roads and especialy the sidewalks! ive been walking for 16years, and its a pain to change the habbits lol

take care everyone and thanks fro the kind words

Frank
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 11:50 AM UTC
Say, all this excitement has reminded me of a Red Skelton sketch: "Pedestrian Polo"! Here are the rules:

Each woman- 15 points

Each man- 5 points

If you hit a person more than 50 feet, that's a birdie.

If you hit a person into a sewer/man hole, that's a hole-in-one.

The "Safety Zone" is a building. If you see someone going into a Safety Zone, knock 'em back in before they get there!

Also, there are new types of bumpers that you can use:

1. A bumper that as soon as you hit a person, a rubber stamp comes out that says, "Killed in (Your town)".

2. If you only maim people, there's a bumper for you! Since you only maim them, they tend to get dirty. They get mad since they're dirty. Well, with this bumper, when you knock them down, a little watering can comes out, sprinkles some water on them, puts some laundry detergent on them, which cleans them. This way, they actually thank you for knocking them down!

Keenan: As for my car, let's just say that 1983 was a BAD year for Oldsmobile! The only reason I'm keeping it is for the body! It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice... Thanks for your time, and, once again, Congrats Francois!
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 11:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Angela,

Remind me never to drive in the Phillipines. Remind me never to get off the sidewalk, for that matter...

Shaun

Hi Shaun: If ever foreigners mastered the art of driving here in the Philippines, you can drive anywhere...that's what I heard from some expats who drived here in the Philippines... :-)

3442: Just some words of advise "you and the people in the streets including sidewalks are not immortal ". That is how some teenagers feel when they start driving a car, they feel the urge to drive fast and be adventurous. Once you have mastered the art of controling that urge to be adventurous you will be safe. I 'm speaking from experience. I used to boast (which by the way is true) that I could drive straight w/o any accident even after drinking 10 bottles of San Miguel beer when I was a teenager (long long time ago). BTW, always say a short prayer before you drive ask the angels your mother placed in the car to guide your hands and mind whenever you are driving....

Have a safe drive.

Cheers
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 02:22 PM UTC
Congrats Frank!

That's not an international license...right?

Angela....well...I'm speechless to say the least! :-) :-) :-) Such a violent side!

Didn't I see you in Death Race 2000?
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC
[quote]

Hi Shaun: If ever foreigners mastered the art of driving here in the Philippines, you can drive anywhere...that's what I heard from some expats who drived here in the Philippines... :-)
[quote]
After driving in Kabul for six months, where people walk into traffic without looking because if they get hit, it must have been "the will of Allah," I found driving in the PI to be quite refreshing. I won't say I mastered it, but I did learn one major rule: He who has the most chrome has the right of way. In a tie, it goes to the guy with the most bumper stickers, unless one of the vehicles is a tricycle with Cadillac fins. He wins in any case.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:12 PM UTC
You tried driving in the Philippines, 18Bravo?

Angela
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You tried driving in the Philippines, 18Bravo?

Angela

One of the most daring things I've done in my military career, in fact. We usually used the drivers who came with our Mercedes vans, but we liked to let them take a break now and then. The driving in Cabanatuan was the most insane I've seen. A six road intersection with no light, no officer directing traffic. And yet, no accidents either. It was orderly chaos.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 05:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The driving in Cabanatuan was the most insane I've seen. A six road intersection with no light, no officer directing traffic. And yet, no accidents either. It was orderly chaos.

Oh, that's a very common thing here in even in Manila. I experience that every time I go home from Makati to Paranaque its even got an 8 road intersection with 2 to 3 officers directing traffic asynchronously
:-) :-) :-)

See, 18Bravo now you are an expert :-) :-) :-)

3552, don't do whatever we are talking about, you are not yet an expert. :-) :-) :-) #:-)

Cheers
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
There is a road digging here in Manduae which runs along the middle of a major highway. I pass this area on my way home in the evening.

The digging has inadequate or no lighting at all. Very few warning signs or reflective barriers Only some parts are covered with thick steel so vehicles can pass across....and these plates are not fastened to the ground.

Vehicles here travel at relatively high speed.

There are less or no officers here.

The most amazing thing is none has figured out in an accident! Not even a child fell into the trench!

Angela
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 05:15 PM UTC
I'll have to let you know next time I'm in Makati. Spent a few days in the Mandarin Oriental, but couldn't find a hobby shop anywhere. At the time, I was looking for theTrumpeter Hind, which I'm sure I could've gotten for a steal.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll have to let you know next time I'm in Makati. Spent a few days in the Mandarin Oriental, but couldn't find a hobby shop anywhere. At the time, I was looking for theTrumpeter Hind, which I'm sure I could've gotten for a steal.

18Bravo: You are very much welcome to contact me whenever you are here in Makati...I could bring you to some of the modeling shops here in Makati as well as Paranaque. Hell...I could even throw in a few beers ....just PM me

Cheers
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:25 PM UTC
95bravo, yup, its international

warthog, your a crazy man, i wouldnt even drive after a day of work because id be so dangerous lol

Frank