_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Help with posting Campaign Photos
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 11:35 PM UTC
I have them on my picks and when I use browse it wants to to my Pics on file and when I download -says over 35k limit
Do I have to copy my thumbnails back to Pics then use Browse, am only just learning Cameras & copying to computer so be gentle I am a fragile -NOT
Ian
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 07:19 AM UTC
Ian,
In order to upload to the campaign journal area your image must be smaller than 35kb. No thumbnails are required, but you'll need to resize the files that come straight from your camera. Check the Features area under General Modeling and then Photography as I think there was just an article published on resizing images. Several are there actually.

Hope that helps.

Jim
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 03:09 PM UTC
Jim I have read them and it said to 800x 600 for posting and that is the photos I was copping (i thought)
forgive me if I am a bit dumb in this area and will try again. thanks for feedback and tell you when I am sucessfull
Ian
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
There is image size (in pixels) and FILE size (in kilobytes). When you resize and save an image you'll need to probably be more in the 640 x 480 range and saving as a medium compressed JPG format to meet the 35kb size restrictions.

That said there are much larger file allotments in the regular gallery so feel free to use that area to reference your images instead of the direct upload (which actually is saved as a binary file in the database).

Cheers,
Jim
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 05:03 PM UTC
Ta Jim I actually understand now all I have to do is learn about that medium compressin g the JPEG file but if you don't ask ya just don't learn -that what keep me 45yrs young
Ian
ps thanks for a great site mate I am only recently introduced but I am definately hooked and go on every day I can
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 12:30 AM UTC
Ta Jim
2 people have alreay sent 2 private messages detailing what I nee to do- this site is such agreat help
 _GOTOTOP